Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pioneer Village at Collier State Park, Chiloquin OR:




 
The Collier Logging Museum is located on Hwy 97 near Chiloquin, Oregon.  It is a huge outdoor display showing the living history of logging in Oregon.  It is free (though they do accept donations) and is well worth the stop.  The kids will love it!  We didn't stay that long, and though I took a lot of pictures, I missed some displays on the back side.



Nestled up along side of Spring Creek, there is a Pioneer Village.  Log cabins and buildings have been relocated to this spot from other areas in Oregon.  Folks have worked so hard on this, and I love this sort of thing so I took a lot of photos.  The buildings were locked and were dark inside, so I didn't know what the camera was going to pick up as I put the camera up to the windows.

Here is the village.  You can enlarge the pictures by clicking on them so that the plaques are easier to read.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Banta Log Cabin




------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Redden Log Cabin







------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Sheepherder's Cabin



 



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


4. Bear Flat Store





-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Sawbones Log Cabin







 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6.  Gilchrist Log Cabin



  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 7.  Homesteader's Log Cabin








 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8.  Explorer's Cabin


(This one might not be accurate.)




So, there you go.  Here is a link to the museum's website: Collier Logging Museum

If you enjoyed this post, you might also like to check out this post that I did several years ago: Ft. Rock Village Museum Post.  It is of the museum at Ft. Rock, where they also brought in old buildings from Oregon and set up a little town.  

Please come back again soon!

Hugs,

~ Kathy M. 

 

 At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.  Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

12 comments:

Little Nell said...

How interesting. I do like these recreated villages; they give a real flavour of how it might have been. You did well with the ones where you put the camera to the window.

Shelly Miller said...

Nice post Kathy. Can you imagine living in a cabin little bigger than say my living room and dining? Especially without windows. The doctors office looks like a place I would look forward too. lol All I could think of was what it was like going to get teeth pulled back then. Uhgg...

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Great pictures! I love visiting places like that. The interior pics are especially interesting... can you imagine what it was like being treated in that doctor's cabin? (shudder)

Sally said...

Lovely post, it's nice to see how people lived back in the olden days.

21 Wits said...

Excellent tour! What an interesting layout detailing how it was back in the day! Such rich colors on your captures it was like being there as well.

Hart Johnson said...

Oh, great pics and interesting stuff. Have you, by any chance, read Janet Oakley's Tree Soldier? She writes historical fiction and a couple of her (award winners) are set in the logging camps in Washington and Oregon during the depression. She travels and does historical talks, too--I really think you'd like her. (she is one of my ABNA friends and a very nice woman)

Wendy said...

I love pioneer villages that demonstrate how life was and how things worked. If I ever get to Oregon, this is a place I'd like to visit.

Lynn said...

How fun and interesting. I just love log cabins!

Anonymous said...

You sure get around. :) The water in the second photo is SO BLUE! It looks so refreshing.

Grammy said...

Hi, Kathy,
Thanks for visiting my blog! I find yours very interesting and we have a lot of the same interests, I see from yours. I'd love to be able to paint like you, my attempts are rather pathetic. I'm more like a Grandma Moses. Ha. Many good regards to you. :)
Ruby Young aka "Blabbin' Grammy"

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thanks, everybody! I am glad that you enjoyed this post. We went to Train Mountain and the logging museum on the same day. They are only a few miles apart.

Kathy M.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy. This is exactly the kind of travelogue what I like so much. I enjoyed it. Hugs, Prenter.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":