Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Guest Room Remix:

Yesterday, I got going on a project that I have been wanting to get to.  When we got the carpets cleaned, I threw a bunch of stuff into our guest room, and some of it was still there.  Since I had to clean that room anyway, I decided to take this opportunity to move the furniture around and make it a more functional space. 

These are the "before" pictures.  When I set up the space before, I placed the bed by the door.  Kind of weird, but I was trying to create an area at the end of the bed for play.  The games are in the closet, and that little bench is full of large Legos and other toys.  It just happened that if we did have company, mainly adults stayed in this room and the kids play in the Mom Cave across the hall.

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

The bed generally has lots of pillows and there used to be pictures above it, before I got started:

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

Sorry that this is blurry, but this is the closet.  It has a bench full of games, and craft and gift wrapping supplies also inside.  The inversion bed was in the corner, waiting to fall down.  That dang thing is really heavy and awkward, and we haven't been using it because it wasn't in a good spot:

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

During.  I had to move most things out of the bedroom so that I could move the bed around.  This morning I need to finish getting everything else put away, there is still some stuff in our dining room and kitchen.  Dana wanted to help, but instead became rather confused.  It is hard for her to lead and herd me around in situations such as this:

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

"After".  I put the bed on the wall where the dresser originally was.

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

The closet is on the other side of the side table.  (It is where the inversion bed used to be.)  I still need to reorganize the closet.


Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

The inversion bed is now set up on the wall where the bed used to be.  Oh, my, those blank walls bug me more than the mess in the dining room does!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

I still have fine tuning too do, but I am pleased with my efforts.  It is only going to take me a little bit more time to finish things up.  I think that the room will be much more pleasant for our company now, don't you? 

Hope that your day is wonderful, and that you are able to do something creative and fun. 

God bless, 

Kathy M.


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

5 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

Wow! You did a lot! I think it looks lovely.

Grammy Goodwill said...

I like the new room arrangement. It looks like you have more room now.

Kim, USA said...

Hi Kathy, wow you are busy. I like where you put the bed now. Happy Wednesday!

Arkansas Patti said...

Your new arrangement is so welcoming. Nice job.
Hope you use that inversion table. I would have one if I had the room. Using it in the front yard is not an option.
I used a friends once and my back felt 100% better after one use.

Hootin Anni said...

Altho, I must say I like both styles of the room. Yet, the work you've done to make it "improved" is stunning. The whole scene makes anyone feel right at home.

Thanks for stopping by yesterday. I appreciate your visit and taking time to leave me a comment. It's always a pleasure to have your company.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":