Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Monday, April 2, 2012

A - Z Challenge; "C" is for Canoe

During the month of April, I am participating in the Blogging From A-Z April 2012 Challenge, where we post everyday except for Sundays. I have decided to make flashcards for the letter of the day out of my photos, and then use the picture as a writing prompt.  I went through the Thesaurus and built the story below around words beginning with the letter C.

Thank you for your visit, and please come back again tomorrow!  I'll be by to visit those who leave me comments, and also visit as many others as I can.  If you like what you see, please feel free to become my newest follower.  ~ Kathy M.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

"Canoe Camping"
by Kathy Matthews
  
Caitlyn Clark of Corvallis was looking forward to having her cake and eating it too.  At 11, she was best friends with her next door neighbor, that cutie chatterbox Carly Chapman.  Caitlyn was also in love with Carly's brother Cyrus.  

Carly had come over to play croquet and carry on, casually inviting Caitlyn to go canoe camping with the Chapmans next weekend.  Caitlyn's enthusiasm could not be curbed!  Canoe camping was certainly the chance that she had been waiting for.  This would include a car ride and a canoe ride to their camping site at the lake. Caitlyn would plan on sitting next to charming Cyrus.  They would have plenty of time to chat, if she didn't chicken out and clam up.  She must stay calm. Certainly by the end of the trip, Cyrus would cherish her as much as she cherished him. 

Chiding Carly for trip details, Caitlyn was dismayed to learn that Cyrus had invited that churlish chump Craig Compton to come along too.  Caitlyn and Craig had always clashed, and circumstantial evidence had shown that Craig had clandestinely cut a chunk from Carly's hair in second grade. 

Crap!  Canoe camping with Craig didn't sound fun. Caitlyn would have to coordinate a payback plan for that choppy haircut business, and enlist Carly as her co-conspirator.  Tools might involve cosmetics, food coloring and somehow making little Craigy mighty uncomfortable.  

It was certainly going to be a busy weekend.  Caitlyn still needs to figure out how to get Cyrus to cherish her.  Confidence is certainly called for on this upcoming weekend of canoe camping!








 A - Z Challenge Participants

Following the theme of the of the alphabet, I am also featuring this out-of-print book created by a couple of Oregon ladies in 1983.  Please come back tomorrow to see the next page in the series: 

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

  Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.  Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

9 comments:

Suze said...

My sisters live in Oregon -- such a singular state!

Thank you for stopping by at AB, today.

Unknown said...

I love that David Cassidy tune. Haven't heard it in a long time. This story was terrific and the pictures are stunning as always. I wan to take a canoe trip now. :)

Wendy said...

You ARE indeed having fun with this challenge. Your "C" post is Crazy good!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Suze, welcome and thanks for your visit.

Melissa, I'm cracking myself up!

Wendy, I look forward to each story; it is as much as a surprise to me as it is to you guys. Thanks.

Kathy M.

Anonymous said...

HiKathy~

I absolutely love your photo/letter cards. Brilliant idea! Really looking forward to seeing the rest of the alphabet on your page.

Warmly,
Laura
www.freshfrommydesk.wordpress.com

Jen said...

Oh my goodness this is adorable! I love your theme, the way you integrated the letter all throughout your story AND the flash cards!!

I hope you're enjoying the challenge so far! Nice to meet you.

Hello from your newest follower,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,

I excellent post for the letter C, I really like the pages for the local out-of-print book. I have never been to Oregon and this give your blog a this little town feel which only I have seen on the TV. I know nothing of Oregon and look forward to finding out more and will definitely be back to see your alphabet challenge.

I also wanted to thank for your comment on my letter B post which actually encouraged me to change letter C and I have even mention you.

Thanks again.
Mark

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Laura, thank you so much! I'm glad that you like my idea, I was pretty excited to think it up.

Jen, welcome and thank you for following me. I think that immersion is good way to go for reading, lol.

Mark, thank you! I'll be by to see what you said. You might like to check out the links to my Oregon articles on the sidebar when things settle down.

Kathy M.

JoJo said...

OH DAVID CASSIDY!!! SWOON!! Saw him do "Cherish" live in 2006. Amazing!

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":