Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Breakfast at East Lake Resort:


Within the Newberry Caldera, there are plenty of things that you can find to do.  There is Paulina Falls, Paulina Lake Resort and Campgrounds, The Big Obsidian Flow and East Lake Resort and Campgrounds.  Open for camping, fishing and hiking during the summer and snowmobiling in the winter, there is always something going on up there.

Cary and I have had our 5th wheel up at Paulina Lake for the past ten days.  We have stayed overnight a few nights, but have mostly been going up there during the day and then coming back home.  Last Saturday morning, we drove the few miles to East Lake and had breakfast at their restaurant/store.



I really like this resort.  They have been fixing it up for several years, and now have new owners.  The resort is run smoothly and professionally, like a well-oiled machine.  The staff is friendly, the place is clean, and the grounds are set up for a family fishing adventure.


You can rent a boat, purchase your fishing license (ours were $33.00 for in-state rates), eat, shop and just hang out.  The signs below is kind of hard to read due to the shadows, but it says:
"East Lake ~ La Pine, Oregon" and "Central Oregon's Best Kept Secret", and that is the truth. 


We walked inside the store and chose our spot to sit in the dining area.  There were many tables outside too.  People were using their laptops and taking advantage of the free Wi-Fi.


It was so pretty in there, with the warm tongue and groove knotty pine paneling and lots of light.  History highlights were abundant.


Over the years, there have been some really big fish caught at East Lake.  Some of those fish have been taxidermied and now hang on the walls.  I imagine that they inspire the fisherfolks who want to catch their own big ones.  The resort motto seems to be "size matters".


Here are some close-ups:




All kinds of metal signs donned the walls and some were for sale:




Cary ordered corned beef hash with eggs and I had a scramble.  The hash-browns are fresh and hand-grated.  The service was awesome and the food was delicious.  So was the coffee.  It wasn't cheap, but I don't think anything up here is.  It cost us around $25.00 for our breakfast.



The store at East Lake is stocked with anything that you might need.  It isn't large, but they cram a lot inside.  There was clothing, gifts, ice cream, wine, groceries and fishing tackle.  The guys manning the front counter knew what they were talking about if you needed advice on where to fish and what bait to use. 




We will be back!

~ Kathy M.


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

4 comments:

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

You do so many fun things, Kathy! What is nice is that you seem to truly enjoy your outings and not take the beauty of your surroundings for granted, or the "fun stuff" like the postings you shared. :)

Tammy said...

Fish or not, I'd go just for the fresh air and scenery!

Linda Reeder said...

Fun post! I don't remember the resort from when I was there so very long ago, but it must have been there in the early fifties.

Alan Burnett said...

You posts always make me want to hop on a plane and go to Oregon. Great pictures.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":