Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

SkyWatch Friday: Blue Skies over Paulina Peak, Mt. Bachelor and His Sisters



On Tuesday this week, the sky was finally blue!  I was driving along Hwy 97 north of La Pine, and pulled over on the shoulder of the road to take these beautiful pictures:

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


These two are of Paulina Peak, which is a mere 13 mile drive away.


Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


These are Mt. Bachelor, The Three Sisters (South, Middle and North) and Broken Top.  Mt. Bachelor is around 35 miles away:

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

I took some other really nice sky shots this week too, of the sunset and sunrise.  If you haven't seen them yet, please click here: "This Is The Day That The Lord Hath Made".

This is a SkyWatch Friday post!  Please CLICK HERE to see beautiful sky shots from around the world, when Friday comes.


Thank you so much for stopping by to visit.  
I love your comments, so please don't be shy!


If you miss a day, you miss a lot!  Don't miss out on the news ... Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.

21 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Hi Kathy -- I am so glad to have found you. And I loved the "taste of Oregon".... We'll be heading back there next month. We lived in Springfield until after retirement when we sold out to become full time RVers. When we were working we used to spend a lot of long weekends in Central Oregon.

Your pictures are beautiful and made me homesick for mountains! Not too many of those here in Florida ;>).....Thanks for visiting me and giving me the opportunity to find your lovely blot!

fjällripan said...

So many beautiful photos! I love the mountains :) And a great picture from the thunderstorm!

Sylvia K said...

Fantastic photos for the day, Kathy! They always take me back to Oregon!! Such beautiful skies and mountains! Love the dramatic thunderstorm capture, too! Hope you're enjoying so good weather -- ours is once again back to grim and gray! Ah, one of these days?????? I hope to see blue again for more than a couple of hours! Have a great weekend!

Sylvia

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I just love the beautiful blue skies,plus there is nothing prettier than a mountain covered with snow and clear below.

Thanks for sharing!

JTG (Misalyn) said...

Stunning! This is my first time to see photos from Oregon. Your place is really picturesque. Oh! I would love to visit such places with beautiful mountains. Looks like the weather is just fine. Perfect to do some outdoor clicking.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful photos, I always enjoy seeing a snowcapped mountain. Thanks for sharing your skywatch. I hope you have a great weekend and a Happy Mother's Day!

Chubskulit Rose said...

These are breathtaking views Kathy. Have a wonderful weekend and happy mother's day!

Samson said...

Hi Kathy

You have great collection of photo's on your blog... liked your skywatch series... clear blue sky and snow caped mountains, doesn't get better than that...

Thanks for stopping by my blog... Photo titled "Clouds" was shot from top of the mountain in Ervikulam national park

Have a great weekend
Stop by when you get a chance

Samson

Kim, USA said...

Wow Kathy you have a very beautiful landscape there. Love to see mountains and hills and these are stunning!! Happy mothers day!! Thanks for the visit I do appreciate it a lot!

Sky Watch

Ms. Becky said...

Hi Kathy
I'm sorry for the loss of your dear friend. your photo tribute to him is beautiful. I've been to Three Sisters, and your photos of them are Gorgeous!!! they take my breath away. I'm a bit surprised at how much snow is on them for this time of year. and your blue skies are truly glorious. happy SWF, and have a great weekend Kathy!

Lynn said...

Very cool pics.

J.Rylie.C said...

Stunning photos Ms. Kathy.

Lew said...

Magnificent skies you have over the mountains!

EBENEZER ADOKWEI said...

Hi friend,great post you have here.It's really nice to be back once more to your lovely blog.
Hope you good.It has been a while we since connected so I decided to pass by and say hello and also let you know that, I have just posted the "5" steps to mind liberation so come check it up and comment. Will be following you and expecting to share and learn from you respectively.Have a wonderful and fruitful day hoping to hear from your lovely self again. A million thanks in advance.

EBENEZER ADOKWEI
(EBENDY)

Arkansas Patti said...

Now those are mountains. Just beautiful. Here in the Ozarks, we just have beginner mountains.

forgetmenot said...

Kathy, What lovely scenery you are surrounded by--just beautiful. Have a wonderful Mother's Day. Mickie :)

nonizamboni said...

I sincerely enjoyed every minute of my visit to your blog! Born & raised in SE Idaho I know your part of the country well. . .gorgeous, as are your photos.
Thanks for the visit and I especially loved the children illustrations on your sidebar--from childhood books I, too, cherish.
Happy weekend, from Minnesota!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thank you, everybody! I'm off to visit you now, if I haven't already.

It was snowing here even last week, but I do think that spring is finally here.

Schooling Mum said...

So beautiful shots! I wish to live in a world like that-- with mountains topped with snows and with the green scenes below! :)

I have a GLORIOUS WESTERN SKY entry, hope you can visit me as well! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thank you!

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":