Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Book Blurb Friday #48: "Baby Girl Pink"


 "Baby Girl Pink"
by Kathy Matthews

Stella Rose-Anne McMurphy was going to be a grandmother soon, and she could hardly stand it.  There were a few worries about the situation though, due to the fact that her boy Brian had already broken up with Brittany, the mother of the baby.

Stella had just finished crocheting the baby girl's blanket.  Stella had chosen the prettiest shade of pink yarn for the project.  These days, the color pink seemed to symbolize breast cancer survivors, but Stella still considered it a color for baby girls.

Stella was so hoping that Brittany would include her in her granddaughter's life.  Brittany was nice enough, but they hadn't known her well, or for very long.

The phone rang.  It was Brian. "Ma!  The baby is coming early!"  Stella grabbed the pink blanket and her car keys, and headed out the door.  Grandma Stella was on her way to meet Baby Girl Pink.  (150)


I am participating in Lisa's Book Blurb Friday, from over at Writing in the Buff.   It is fun, and you can play too!  Pretend that the picture on the top of this post is the cover of a book.  On the inside jacket, you have 150 words to entice the reader to buy your book.  Lisa gives us a week to think about next week's entry (she's gracious like that).  Please CLICK HERE  to read what everybody else wrote!


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

4 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

Oh, I'm sure this book will have a happy ending, Kathy. It sounds delightful, fraught with worry, but all working out pinkly in the end.
K

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

This sounds like it will be a very sweet story. I can feel for Stella Rose-Anne...all I have are grand-dogs, so when the real thing comes along, I'll be ready!

Grandma's Goulash said...

This promises to be a wonderful story. Although it has been over twenty years since I lost my first grandchild, I'm not sure if I could read this one unless I knew it had a happy ending. But I think that the story is well worth writing.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Kay, I think this would be a fun book. Of course it will have a happy ending!

Lisa, get out those knitting needles and crochet hooks! You will be the best grandma when the time comes.

Grandma G., oh, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. How terrible. This will have a happy ending. Probably Brian and Brittany will work it out, get married and have another baby or two.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":