Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Book Blurb Friday #39 "Elevation: 9000 Feet" and #40 "Wrestling With The Big Sausage" :

Hello!  It is Book Blurb Friday once more.  Last week I was still doing Thanksgiving stuff instead of writing my book blurb, so this week you get to read two of them.  I am noticing a theme running through both of them, all the women seem to want time alone.  That is kind of weird, because I am getting lots to time to do the stuff that I want to do right now, so I'm not talking about me.  I don't think.

Oh well, these may not be the best short stories that I have ever come up with, but I gave it a whirl.  When you are done with me, please visit the other story tellers over at Lisa's Writing in the Buff.


"Wrestling with The Big Sausage"

Source: Sandra Davies @ Lines of Communication

Wanting some time to herself, Marisa decided to go fishing on her father's boat.  The day was beautiful and the lake calm.  She packed a nice fried chicken lunch, her fishing gear and her book and walked out to the dock.

The boat was a handcrafted beauty.  A master boat-builder, her father had labored over it for a whole year.  They kept it at the family cabin on Lake Provalone, in Italy.   

For those of you dear readers who may be unaware, Lake Provalone is where the huge fish known as The Big Sausage resides.  As you may guess, Marisa will be coming into contact with T.B.S. on this little outing ... but will she end up in the water with him, or not?  If so, will handsome Mario rescue her, or not?  If your inquiring mind would like to find out, it is time to buy this book! (150)


"Elevation: 9,000 Feet"

Source: Lynn Obermoeller @ Present Letters

For the past 15 years, best friends Justine and Daria make plans for a week together, alone.  That means no husbands, children, and no ties to work. The other rule is that they have to choose someplace that is at least 9,000 feet in elevation. 

This year, they are planning on going skiing at Mt. Bachelor in Central Oregon.  Past vacations have included: Crystal Colorado, "Quinto", a campground in New Mexico, and Bryce Canyon National Park. 

This year there is a twist.  Daria is done with the friendship.  She has designs on Justine's husband Frank, and plans to kill Justine, making it their last 9000’ foot vacation. 

Will Daria's evil plan succeed?  How will she accomplish making the murder look like an accident? Or, will fate step in and change the direction of events?  You are sure to enjoy reading this thriller of deceit, lies, and a friendship gone bad. (150) 



I am participating in Lisa's Book Blurb Friday, from over at Writing in the Buff.   It is fun, and you can play too!  Pretend that the picture on the top of this post is the cover of a book.  On the inside jacket, you have 150 words to entice the reader to buy your book.  Lisa gives us a week to think about next week's entry (she's gracious like that).  Please CLICK HERE  to read what everybody else wrote!


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

6 comments:

Sandra Davies said...

It would have to be the second book for me Kathy - the idea of a predatory fish is beyond my enjoyment level.

Kim, USA said...

Oh oh something is going to happen in here. I think Daria is going to push her plan but there will be a glitz somehow ^_^ That's my guess ^_^ Happy weekend!

Grandma's Goulash said...

The Big Sausage made me smile. I'm not sure what that says about me. :D

Your second blurb was worth waiting for. I'd love to see how this one plays out.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Okay, so...ahem...I can't be the only one who giggled like a middle schooler at the title. Am I? LOL I'd read TBS because I sense a romance brewing with Marisa and Mario and...oh dear...now I'm giggling again. Better move on to murder and deceit. I think Justine will come out ahead (with the help of a handsome ski instructor) and will win the day and dump the cheating hubby. I've got to read both of these now. :)

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Ha! Lisa, I think that is what will happen in TBS. The whole silly story cracks me up; the boats look like they belong in another country, so I picked Italy, named the lake after some cheese and then thought up the fish's nickname, lol.

On the second one, I was thinking of making Daria REALLY psycho, and the husband hadn't done anything wrong, but she was just going to replace Justine. The ski instructor is a great idea though, or search and rescue.

Sandra, the fish just serves to get the two people introduced. Kim, you got it! Grandma, thanks! I know, it was silly, it still makes me laugh.

Tammy said...

I too giggled unmercifully at that first title. And that second one just has such a wicked twist that I would find it irresistible!

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":