Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Friday, November 26, 2010

The Family Calendar:


I originally posted this last Thanksgiving, but that was before I knew about  Sepia Saturday, and since this week's theme is weddings, I couldn't resist.  I had another post planned, but I think that you guys will like this one a lot.  

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit, and Happy Sepia Saturday!

Kathy M.


Source:  Julie Anderson
My Cousin Danny and Grandma Jody (my Mom).
Photo courtesy of  @juliejulie

My Mom is so good to our family.  She helps to keep us bonded together in a very special way.  Each year she puts together a family calendar, with the best of the new photos and the best of the old photos that she can find.  Mom makes around 35 of these special calendars, which is a lot of hard work.  Then she writes everybody's birthday's and anniversary on their correct dates.  Mom wraps them in newspaper and hands them out at Thanksgiving, when we all meet for our meal at her church fellowship hall.  Thanks, Mom, for all of your hard work!

Mom is giving Maria and Dawn a sneak peak of this year's calendar:

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

Here are several of the older photos that she chose for this year's calendar:

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
Here I am, trying to get Angie to hold still 
while my little bro watches the attempt.



Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
My great-grandparents, Ben and Litha Hedrick
are holding my Nanny.


Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
Nanny grew up to be a beautiful bride!  From left to right:  My Grandpa and Grandma Traylor, Nanny, Great Grannie Hedrick (Grandma T.'s Mom, if you can't tell), Uncle Frank, Aunt Mardelle and Mom.


Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
 Here is Aunt Mardy when she was a baby.


Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
 She grew up to be a beautiful bride too!  
Here she is with Uncle Frank.


Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
This picture is really old.  It is hard to see, but my great-great Uncle Hobart is at the top of the part of this tree that is still standing up straight.  You might have to click on the picture to enlarge it.  He looks so tiny!  We used to have a lot of big old trees around the Pacific Northwest.

Anyway, I just wanted to show you that.  I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  


~ Kathy


If you miss a day, you miss a lot!  Don't miss out on the news ... Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.

3 comments:

Gloria said...

Great photos! And that's so nice of your Mom to make the calendars for everyone. I LOVE that photo of you holding the little one crying as she's fighting you to get out of the picture!!
Best,
Gloria

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Gloria,

It is a wonderful family tradition, and we all look forward to it. We wonder, did I make the calendar this year?

I love the pic you are talking about too. I was smiling and my bro was watching with interest. Angie always had a mind of her own, and she was not about to hold still. It is such a cute moment in time.

Kathy

KathyB. said...

What a good idea, and it would probably be one of my favorite gifts. Your Mom is lovely, and you are richly blessed.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":