Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Monday, December 13, 2010

No Sew Fleece Throw Tutorial:

Well, if this wasn't an easy and rewarding 45 minute project!  I bought these two fleece throws at Bi-Mart last week for $2.99 each.  They are not very thick, so I decided to try what I had seen around town, and tie them together to make a thicker snuggle blanket for our 4-year-old grandson Gage.  


1.  This is all you need.  I used our kitchen island, because it is a more comfortable height than our table.  Our table is in use now anyway with a tablescape.  Use the sharpest scissors that you can find.

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


2.  Lay the "good" side face-down on your working surface.  Make sure your patterns (the transportation vehicles, in this case) are facing the same way, if that matters to you.  Lay the second blanket on top, with the "good" side facing out also.

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


3.  Match up the edges the best that you can, and smooth everything out with your hand.  I only worried about matching the corners and the long side I was working on first.  I decided to cut and tie one row at a time, and that worked out well for me.

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


4.   Cut the strips about 3 inches deep.  I think that a width of around 3/4" worked out the best for me.  This was my first time and I was making it up as I went along.  The wider strips end up short and fat.  The thinner strips end up long and skinny.  You get to choose what works best for your taste.

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


5.  I tied each strip twice to get a good knot that will go through the wash and not come undone easily.

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


6.  This is my first row, completed.  After this, I cut and tied the end portions.  I just went all the way around.  Once the three sides were done, I figured it would not come apart, so I just moved the undone portion to where I was standing.  So easy!

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

Here it is:

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

I am pretty sure that Gage will love it.  He's that kind of guy ... sweet and easy to please.  Have fun!  Remember to go to my "Home" page on the top of the sidebar to see more of this blog, if this is your first visit through Carrie's "Amaze Me Monday" linky party.

~ Kathy 

I linked this post up to Carrie at  Dittle Dattle.   Please take a look at other fun things over on her blog when you get a chance.  Thank you, Carrie!





At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.  Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check
 

4 comments:

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

What a great project for the non-sewer!!! I love fleece blankets. Wouldn't it be fun to fill a whole basket up with these non-sewing fleece blankets next to the sofa for snuggling and watching TV together with the family!!!!

You "AMAZE ME"! Thank you for linking up to the Monday blog party!!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Carrie,

I have found that they are very addicting ... I have made 4 more since that one! I love your idea of having a basket of them ready at a moments notice.

Thanks for having your linky party.

Kathy

Gloria said...

WOW, Kathy, that looks wonderful! I always wanted to make one of these. Thanks for the tutorial!
Best,
Gloria

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thank you, Gloria! They are easy and fun.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":