Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Friday, May 25, 2012

Vintage Reno and Vicinity Post Card Packet, 1937

Uncle John and Aunt Signa Hedrick bought this souvenir picture card packet in Reno on their honeymoon around November 23, 1945.  This is a partner post to the one below, aptly named  Uncle John and Aunt Signa Hedrick Go to Reno.














So, there you are, my friends.  If you enjoyed this story, please visit my Sepia Saturday friends by "CLICKING HERE" to find other neat photos and stories.  To read more about my family and other stories featuring old photos, memories and more, please look for this picture of me and my dad on the left-hand sidebar and read whatever else catches your fancy.  Thanks so much for visiting!


Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

10 comments:

North County Film Club said...

Those are priceless postcards, Kathy. So retro and so colorful. Reno sure doesn't look the same now. I love the one of the bank club. Those guys all look like such gangsters!
Nancy

Hart Johnson said...

Oh, those postcards are FABULOUS! The geography is so familiar because I lived close to there for so long, but the vintage cars and swimsuits and the quaintness of painted postcards rather than photos--just fabulous!

Grammy Goodwill said...

Don't you just love the colors in those old postcards? I have a collection of some from my hometown, the town where we lived and raised our kids, and now we're collecting them from Roanoke where we live now.

21 Wits said...

Oh my these are even more delightful postcards then your first post. It so makes me wonder what my life would be like today, had I stayed in Reno. It was then a very much quieter town, although probably even to this day it's nothing to compare to say Las Vegas!

Brett Payne said...

An interesting and decorative set of postcards, Kathy, but I don't think it appeals to me much, even as it looked then, let alone the gaudy metropolis it has since become. I think I'll give Reno a miss, but I'll certainly be back next week to see another collection, thank you.

Little Nell said...

Lovely colours in these postcards Kathy. I wouldn't mind a visit to the hot springs!

Bob Scotney said...

Another set of tremendous postcards, Kathy.

Teresa Wilson Rogers said...

Beautiful postcards Kathy, how fortunate you are to have them. The colors are just beautiful.

Bruno Laliberté said...

I have such a booklet (of another region, of course) and yours looks so much better and inviting. I guess I'd have more of a penchant for Reno than that other region. It must have been quite the honeymoon!!
Where was yours?!?
:)~
HUGZ

Queen Bee said...

What lovely postcards - the colors are so rich. My favorites are the town scenes with the cars and the gentleman in their hats.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":