Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Saturday, April 20, 2013

A-Z Challenge: "R" is for Ragged Robin

File:XN Lychnis flos cuculi.jpg
Source: Wikipedia





 Join Us in the 2013 A-Z Challenge!

During the month of April, I am participating in the "Blogging From A-Z April 2012 Challenge", where we post everyday during the month of April (except for Sundays).  Daily posts begin with the next letter of the alphabet.  This is my third year of participating in the challenge.  "CLICK HERE" to find out more.

This year, I have chosen to do a study on poet and artist, Cicely Mary Barker.  I am featuring her book "A Flower Fairy Alphabet"Not only will you learn about pretty flowers, but I will also be giving you a few fun facts about Ms. Barker each day.




Demure and smiling teen girl with braided hair looking to her left
Source: Wikipedia's Article on Cicely Mary Barker

"Kate Greenaway was a childhood favorite and an influence on her art. Barker's child subjects wear nostalgic clothing as Greenaway's children do, though Barker's children are less melancholy and less flat in appearance, due perhaps to advances in printing technology. Barker studied flowers with an analytical eye and was friend to children's illustrator, Margaret Tarrant.[2]"



At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

5 comments:

Dana said...

I hadn't heard of that before. It's very pretty!

Happy Saturday. ☺

Connie said...

Hi Kathy,
This book is so pretty, I am not usually one to cut up a book, but these pages would be lovely framed and on the wall :)
I always get excited when I see that you have left a comment. If only I had starting blogging a year earlier, we may have met and had lunch or something. My daughter moved from Bend last July and I spent a week last year watching the girls during spring-break while she worked. It would have been fun to have had a friend that I could have called and said, "Let do lunch" :) While I'm talking about Bend, have you ever visited the consignment shop called Cowgirl Up, it's pretty cool. Thank you for the sweet compliment on my post, and have a lovely weekend. Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Stephanie said...

Beautiful! I have never head of Ragged Robin before :) Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
Stephanie

Wendy said...

I haven't heard of Ragged Robin either. I love how the fairy's clothes look just like the flower. The artwork in this book is so enchanting, and I'm coming to appreciate it more and more each day.

Sally said...

Beautiful pink flowers. Loving your theme.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":