|Card by Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews|
Hey Everybody ...
Thanks for stopping by to see what's up. I really do appreciate you, each and everyone. That is why I made you the card above. I hope you like it. If you would like to send it to somebody that you appreciate, you have permission to copy and paste this one.
I've been busy with life and busy posting pictures, but I haven't really written on here for awhile, giving you an update on the happenings in Mayberry. So, here goes, in no particular order:
* Cary had surgery on his elbow last Friday, and he is healing up fine. However, he isn't thrilled to be wearing a cast during the summertime.
* The day before he had his surgery, I came down with a bug that is still hanging on. The version that I have is a head cold, sore throat, muscle aches and a problem with mucus. Gross. TMI? I was absolutely freezing for the first day. I'm not kidding! I came home, turned the heat up to 71*, put on tights, sweatpants, two pairs of socks underneath my slippers, wore my heavy sweatshirt and covered up with a sleeping bag on the couch. It took me 3 hours to warm up. That was miserable.
I do okay as long as I take my favorite cold remedy: A 24-hour antihistamine (sometimes they have only worked for 12 hours this time), Mucunex twice a day and Aleve. The other day I thought that I was better, and quit taking the meds and it came back full force. Dang. I just now got up and changed toothbrushes. Maybe that will help?
* I just finished "Midwives" and it was really good. (To read about the post when I started it, please "CLICK HERE and go half way down" ".) I didn't fly through it, but that was okay. I savored it.
Last night, I began reading Tom Wolfe's trilogy: "The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test", "The Kandy Kolored Tangerine-Flake Streamline Baby" and "Radical Chic & Mau-Mauing The Flak Cathers". Very interesting bits of history about the 1960's, including Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters. I think that they will get their own blog post soon. Ken was an Oregon boy, after all.
* We had a HUGE and LONG-LASTING all night thunder and lightening storm on Monday night. We even lost power for a while. Usually, we get thunderstorms in the afternoon, and you can see them build up and getting ready. This one was different in all ways. It was so hot and humid and didn't begin until almost dark. There was a grand-finale at 4:00 a.m., and the ground acually shook, so the lightening must have hit close by.
* We are looking forward to spending some time in Portland next week, visiting with friends and family. I will finally get to see my BFF Nancy's new house. Yay! I am hoping that we will get to go to the zoo, and that I can get lots of cool pictures to show you. What a busy summer this is turning out to be.
Well, I guess that is enough for now. I'd love to hear about what you guys are all up to!
Hope your week is wonderful.
~ Kathy M.
|At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot! All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today. |