Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Company, Fun and Being Busy, Busy, Busy:

Jill holding Tommy, Dad (Ralph), Aunt Loveta and Uncle Red

What a busy week last week was!  I went to Eugene for Kristin's party on Sunday, came back home on Monday, went to the lake in the afternoons with Cary, got sick on Wednesday and my Dad and step-mom Jill arrived on Thursday.  I am sorry that I am so behind on my visits to fellow bloggers, but it has been all I can do to even post on my own blog!  I'll work on catching up as soon as I can.

Cary, Uncle Red and Aunt Loveta


My Aunt Loveta and Uncle Red were also in town and came over to visit on Thursday.  Aunt Vete came back the next day too, and we spent time looking at old family photos and telling stories.  There are times that I am so grateful that I have had the time and desire to scan all of those old pictures.  Now I am just trying to get them into the right hands.
 


Friday afternoon, Dad, Cary, his brother Larry and I went fishing up at Paulina.  Dad didn't have his license, so he watched the fish finder to let us know what he saw, and played solitaire on his hand-held game.  A storm was going on back home, and we could hear some thunder, but we never did see any lightening.


The lake was calm and beautiful on our visit.


Cary and Larry each caught one fish, but I didn't catch anything.  It really didn't matter to me though.  I had my book, my camera, great company and a beautiful view.  It doesn't get much better than that!

Here is the picture story of Cary and Larry's conquests:











Larry's turn:






More sky pictures:







Cary and I got up Saturday morning, left Dana here with Dad and Jill, and drove to Sutherlin for a family reunion.  We stayed the night in Sutherlin and hung out with my brother and sister-in-law, enjoyed the old cars cruising through town.  We even went dancing.  We drove home yesterday and went up to the lake to retrieve the 5th wheel on the way home.  It needs to go into the shop today or tomorrow for repairs, so that means that I am going to have to unload it this morning. 

I'll be posting more pictures of our adventures soon.  Hope that you are all enjoying the end of your summer as much as we are.

Take care,

Kathy M.


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

2 comments:

Little Nell said...

You have been busy Kathy, but what lovely shots of the lake.

Helen said...

I agree with Nell ... the photos of lake and Oregon sky are lovely. The photos of fishing bring back memories of my boys and the many days they spent fishing!

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":