Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Rednesday: Valentine's Flowers and Red Resource Books

For Valentine's Day, my sweetie gave me a rose, a card, and took me out for Chinese food.  It was a perfect day!



For Rednesday, I wanted to feature my red resource books:



When Kylie and I went to "Second Tern" in Sunriver a few weeks ago, I found these vintage dictionaries:









I also came home with this 1956 Hammond's Standard World Atlas:








Here is where I live, in Oregon:


Happy Rednesday!  For more red things, please scoot on over to  Sue's It's A Very Cherry World




If you miss a day, you miss a lot!  Don't miss out on the news ... Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.

7 comments:

KathyB. said...

I LOVE old dictionaries and have been known to cart some very large editions home from vacation too. There is a wealth of information in them, and surprising amounts of unintended history ( if one knows where to look ).

Your Valentine's Day favorites, Chinese food especially, is a thumbs up from me , great way to share the day with your true Valentine.

Donnie said...

What lovely red items you had to display especially the gorgeous rose. I remember the big old Webster dictionaries and love big books too. Great post.

★Carol★ said...

We went to a Chinese restaurant for V-day too! I loooove old red books, and yours are fantastic. I bought a bunch to use for Christmas decorations one year, and I loved the look. I think that's what started my love of the color red!
Happy REDnesday!
Carol

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

You have some very interesting and beautiful reds today,
I love old books. I have My Daddy's 5th grade reader. If he were living he would be 122 years. The book isn't in the best of shape. I still love it.
Is there anything more beautiful than a rose? I don't think so. Yours is a gorgeous red.

Iris

monah http://graciouscottage.com/ said...

I like the vintage red books. monah

Ann said...

Books are great for decorating and your recent treasures are just perfect!! Their reds are so vivid, makes for such a desirable book.
Happy Rednesday to you!!
Fondly,
Ann
@
The Tattered Tassel

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thank you for your comments everybody! Now I'm off to visit your blogs and see what is up with you guys.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":