Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Snow and Old Dishes:

After a month of unseasonably springlike weather as the rest of the nation was being hammered with snow, winter has returned to Central Oregon.  We woke up to just a few inches of the white stuff here in Mayberry, but they are saying that we could get between 10" and 2' before this week's series of storms call it quits.

For comparison sake, these were taken this morning at 7:30.  I'll keep you updated if we do end up with a lot more of this winter delight!






I have several pieces in my hutch that I don't know much about.  They are old and though I bought the pitcher at a garage sale around 20 years ago, the dishes belonged to my Grandma T. and my Grandma J.  If you have any information about them, I sure would like you to leave me a comment so that we can all learn more. Thanks!




























I am entering this post into Marty's Table Top Tuesday (A Stroll Through Life) and Lady Katherine's Tea Party Tuesday.  Marty's entertainment center looks so pretty, AND she is having a give-a-way that you won't want to miss out on.  Lady Katherine gives us a super special treat this week:  she set up a Valentine's Day tea party at the town gazebo AND she is having a give-a-way also.

When you are done here at Oregon Gifts, please visit their parties and see other lovely things.  Today they both celebrate their first year of their linky parties.  Thanks, ladies for your hard work in hosting your Tuesday parties for us.  We do appreciate it!







If you miss a day, you miss a lot!  Don't miss out on the news ... Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.

7 comments:

Pamela said...

Love the snow on your trees. Beautiful pictures.

I don't know anything about dishes, but I did so enjoy seeing them.

Pam said...

The Salem china plate is awesome. It looks so fancy with the gold on it.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

So much snow. I really don't miss it at all. Your dishes are all wonderful. Love them. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Karie said...

The picture of the snow is beautiful. Your didshes are treasures. So pretty. Thanks for sharing. Karie

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Omigosh! More white stuff! We'll have dandelions perking up here in another few weeks. Ironically, some of our worst storms have hit in March after everything has already started budding and blooming.

Love your plates, too. You have some lovely things. :)

Kathy A. Johnson said...

Beautiful snow pictures. Hope you're staying warm!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thank you, ladies! We are staying warm and things are going well. God bless!

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":