Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

April's A -Z Challenge: The Letter "J"

We all love books in our family.  My Mom and Dad are always reading still, and always were when we were growing up.  That example was passed down to us naturally, and we often give books as gifts.  My sister Julie gave these two books to my girls when they were little.  (She also gave my son a copy of Animalia, but I'm not sure where that one got to.)

So, today's A-Z Challenge on The Letter "J" is for Julie, Jack Sprat and the "J" was Jiggling:

The Real Mother Goose, c. 1916, Rand McNally & Co., May 1981 Edition


Kathy Matthews, April 2011


 The Real Mother Goose, c. 1916, Rand McNally & Co., May 1981 Edition

Jack Sprat

Jack Sprat
Could eat no fat,
His wife could eat no lean;
And so,
Betwixt them both,
They licked the platter clean.



The Z was Zapped by Chris Van Allsburg, c. 1987


 The Z was Zapped by Chris Van Allsburg, c. 1987



Kathy Matthews, April 2011


 The Z was Zapped by Chris Van Allsburg, c. 1987


The Z was Zapped by Chris Van Allsburg, c. 1987


Which are your favorite nursery rhyme and alphabet books?



Today is the tenth day of the A - Z Challenge, which is hosted by  Arlee Bird's: Tossing It Out.   Several of my blogging friends are participating, and this year there are over 1,200 participants. We post everyday, except for Sundays, and work our way through the alphabet. I am posting past photos that I have taken, and am linking them up to the posts where the photos originated from too. When you are all done here at Oregon Gifts,  please click here to visit the other bloggers who are participating in this challenge. 



At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check


5 comments:

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Nice post. Julie seems like a real sweetheart.

When my kids were little they had a Mother Goose book, Our neighbors had the same book, and one day my barely 3-year-old Stephanie was "reading" to her friends. The neighbor watched in awe as my daughter "read" word for word, turning the pages at the appropriate times. I fear I disappointed her when I told her Steph couldn't read yet, she just had the whole thing committed to memory. LOL

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

When I was younger, I had that very edition of The Real Mother Goose--with an inscription from the cousin who gave it to me as a gift! =)

Arkansas Patti said...

I am pretty sure my favorite books are now being read by some strange mother to her children if they survived the years.

juliejulie said...

I do love my nieces to pieces!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Lisa, Julie is, and I love your memory of Stephanie reading!

JMJ, that is too cool. I'm betting you are around the same age as my girls are then.

Patti, I'm sure that they are all enjoying it so much, but maybe she's a normal mom and not a strange one, I hope! (Just teasing ya!)

Aunt Julie, I know you do! You are the best.

Kathy M.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":