Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Monday, April 4, 2011

At Home Massage: Comfort and Joy


One of the things that I promised Cary for his birthday was to give him a massage.  Today, I got everything all set up and ready to go.



I hauled out the basket of supplies and the massage table from the Mom Cave, and set everything up in the dining room.

I'll take the pretty quilt off later on, but 
it makes the room look nicer in the meantime.



Over the past few years, I have been stocking up on neat books, herbal hot packs and other massage supplies.   Look around, and gather them up when you find them on sale.  That's my motto.



This book came from Bi-Mart; I think it was $4.99 a while back.




I found the massage and reflexology DVD sets at Barnes and Nobel in Bend for $5.00 each a few years ago.  Almond Oil is a good massage oil, and you can buy it at the grocery store for around $7.00


Study up on what you are supposed to do periodically.


This herbal pack can be warmed up in the microwave ... well, so can the eye pack.  You can also stick them in a Ziplock bag and place in the freezer, if you want them to be cold.


Reflexology doesn't look hard to do.  I never really know if I am hitting the wrong internal organ though. I just hope that it is the thought that counts in situations such as these.


Those boxed sets come with lots of tips, and the DVD's even show you how to make aromatherapy potions. 



You don't have to have a massage bed (the lady in the DVD shows how to give massages on the floor).  I bought mine several years ago at Costco with my Christmas bonus, when I was still working.  It seems so long ago, back when I had disposable income.

So, there you go!  Put some soft music on the stereo, shut the blinds, and you've got a massage waiting to happen.




If you miss a day, you miss a lot!  Don't miss out on the news ... Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.

4 comments:

Donnie said...

That sounds like a wonderful birthday present for Cary. You sure look prepared there.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Forget about being ready to give a massage! Kathy, I believe you're ready to accept students for a massage course! Those are some great resources. =) I'm sure Cary enjoyed this birthday present.

Jessa said...

You have a wonderful collection. Almond oil is so nice. We have some of these I should drag out and actually use. Thanks for the inspiration!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Donnie ... I'm sure that he will, once he figures out when he wants it. It is all set up, waiting, lol.

JMJ - Thank goodness for the resources! I've only had two myself, and Cary's the only one that I've given one to, but he says that I have the "touch". Maybe I could hold and informal class using the videos? Good idea!

Jessa Irene - It seems like work to get all ready, but it is a nice gift to give someone else. Glad to inspire you, thanks for writing!

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":