Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Ducks Kick Butt!

Yesterday a very, very important Civil War game was played between the Oregon Ducks and the Oregon State Beavers. If OSU won, they were going to go to the Rose Bowl. They didn't win, and now I don't know what is going to happen to them. Of course, I am a Duck, even though I graduated as a Beaver. (You don't just become a Beaver when you are 44 and go to their school, not when you grew up in Eugene. It doesn't work that way.)

On with the story. Apparently some new channel named Versus did something really mean and bought up all the rights to show our home state football teams locally. And, you cannot get this Versus on cable or regular satilite tv. Only on the most expensive satillite tv package. Anyway, that's the rumor I got, and if it is true, well, it sucks. So, we decided to go where we could see the game ... The Wikiup Station. It was full of both Ducks and Beavers and friends and strangers. Cary was a Beaver last night because of the Rose Bowl issue. I had decided that if the Ducks lost I wouldn't be too sad. But the Ducks won big time. We had a great time!




Final score.


The Other Roxanne, Brenda, Gracie, Judy and Rusty




Judy and Rusty


Brenda and Gracie



Kitti, Me and Rick



Cary, Pete, and Dianne from the dentist's office.
Pete is a Marine Beaver fan. Boyah! Settle down, Pete. Dianne wishes ... well it was a great story but I'm not sure I should be putting it on here. Something I can say about Diane on the web is that she and her husband stepped up to the plate and raised a total of 12 kids, and all the kids came home with their families for Thanksgiving for a total of 54 people. Great job guys, and thank you for choosing to do the right thing!



Duck fans Larry and Donna who shared our table with us.
They are really nice people and we are glad that we got the chance to get to know them.




Shellie, Kitti, Lisa, Me and Ardelle.
Bye, bye Ardie, we will miss you a lot.
Thank you for taking such good care of
your Mom and Dad, and also for
choosing to do the right thing.







No comments:

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":