Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Changing the Window Treatment to Keep the Summer Sun Out of Your Eyes:

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

This is our living room last fall.  It all looks about the same, except for the table and the hutch have been decorated a bit differently.  See how the sun is so bright through the windows, especially at the top?  In the early summer evenings, the sun shines in and the glare really hurts our eyes.  I've tried many different ways to avoid that, and still make it look kind of pretty.


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
So, last night, I got the bright idea of blocking the sun with large picture frames.  Pretty smart, I think.  It may not win any top decorating awards, but from a practical standpoint it does the job just fine.


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

Last fall, I took the old mini blinds out and put up these.  They look so much better, but won't help much when the sun gets really hot.  At this point, the view is nothing to write home about.  It is still a "dog yard", but we hope to remedy that very, very soon by planting a new yard and putting in a raised bed garden.

 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

So, I took the lace sheers out of our travel trailer and put them underneath the blinds.  The ones on the right are already installed.


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

They sure do give us more privacy.  But, we can't look out as easily and see what the neighbors are up to.  They will get more privacy too!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
The new look!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

Easy, pretty, practical and free.  That works for me!


If you miss a day, you miss a lot!  Don't miss out on the news ... Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.

7 comments:

Lisa Plumb said...

Love the pretty, practical and best of all - free! - solution to your window problem! :-)

Arkansas Patti said...

Aren't you clever. Now you and your neighbors will have to find other entertainment.

Sally Wessely said...

I'd say you are very creative and resourceful.

LV said...

It is amazing what we can do with the right thinking. You came up with some great changes. They all look nice and will help your problem. Your home looks so warm and inviting.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Lisa - Thank you! Free is good.

Patti - you are so funny. Last month Cary told our neighbor to move his stuff, that they were our view, and that our view was getting cluttered with vehicles and horse trailers. The neighbor said that he would, but that he was getting tired of looking at our stuff also. I said, hey, you guys live in an A-Frame and don't even have any windows, how can our stuff be bothering you? LOL!

Sallie - thank you! I try. Necessity is the mother of invention.

LV - thank you! I really appreciate your visit today.

Kathy M.

Kathy A. Johnson said...

Clever girl! I love the picture frame idea--unique.

BECKY said...

Very cute, pretty, lovely, unique, and easy way to change things around! Love it, Kathy!!

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":