Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Kristin Runs the Cascade Lakes Relay and Breakfast at South Twin Lake Resort:



This is my girl, Kristin.  This weekend, she participated in the Cascade Lakes Relay, with a team of 11 other members. 


The race began yesterday at Diamond Lake Junction, headed to Silver Lake, then went past Crane Prairie Reservoir and onto the Cascade Lakes Hwy.  Runners (and walkers) will be completing the 216.6 mile race when they end up in Bend sometime today.



Kristin ran three legs of the race (one in the middle of the night) and ended up with 13 miles under belt.  She and Scott have a wedding to attend in Redmond today, so I picked her up at Crane Prarie at 8:00 this morning.  We stopped at South Twin Resort for breakfast and had a great time catching up with each other.



South Twin is a wonderful spot, and the food was great.  So was our waitress.  I told her that I was so worried about last week's fire to being so close to them.  She said that she saw the smoke and her boss called in the fire.  They helicopters arrived within 30 minutes and were eventually successful in putting out the fire within only a few days.  Here is a link to a blog post that I did in 2013 on Twin Lakes and Crane Prairie Resorts.  Here is a news report to last weekends fire.







 




She is so pretty, and I am always very proud of her.


It was a good morning.  Cary and I are going to Bend to get Garrett from his cousins this afternoon, and then Kari and Casey are coming in the morning.  I have to clean two bedrooms sometime today, but they are both boys and don't care too much about messy rooms.  Thank goodness!

I hope that you are all having a great weekend.  I promise to make a return visit as soon as I can.  I miss you all.

Hugs,

Kathy M.


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

9 comments:

Helen said...

Great post Kathy .... Good job, Kristin!!!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Wow, impressive run. That's darn near a half-marathon.

Your pictures always do such a great job of capturing the beauty of your area. And yeah, that includes your daughter. (She kinda looks like YOU!)

Little Nell said...

Those pictures are destined to be turned into your wonderful postcards I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

You're right to be proud of Kristin. Loved yout pictures too.

Hart Johnson said...

Oh, congrats to her! I have friends that used to run the Hood to Coast--always seemed stressful to me, even when I was a runner, but I know people love it. And what gorgeous surroundings!

Unknown said...

Kristin looks so much like her mother -- especially that same wonderful smile! Nice running!

Pamela said...

Awesome! I agree she's pretty. See a lot of her mother in her.

Cheryl said...

Whoa... a runner? How fabulous! I wanted to be a runner, but it was to much work LOL Now, I'm a "driver" and a slow one to boot lol

Fabulous photos of where you were, such beauty, your very lucky :-)

KathyB. said...

Impressive ! Your daughter is beautiful, and what a privilege and joy to be able to have this time with her. Plus, SHE has the blessing of being with you !

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":