Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Busy, Busy, Busy! Boon Richter, and Crescent Lake in January 2014:



It has been a very busy past 30 days around this joint.  Besides the usual hectic time of Christmas, I changed classes and classrooms at work.  

Christmas was fun, despite the fact that I didn't buy any gifts until three days before we went to Eugene to spend it with my side of the family.  I went to Bi-Mart and knocked it all out within an hour.  Everybody seemed very pleased with their gifts, and I was very pleased with Bi-Mart's selection and prices.  I didn't even have to go into Bend.  I ordered a book for my son Nigel off of Amazon.com and that was it.  Easy-peasy!


I gave Kristin my shotgun and Kari my two dining room chairs that I had inherited from my great-uncle John.  (Kari had just gotten Grandma T.'s table and four chairs from our cousin Mike.) Now Grandma T. and Uncle John (brother and sister) are back together on a daily basis.  It makes my heart feel good.

We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day over at Cary's Mom's house and that was a lot of fun.  

On the Wednesday before Christmas, it was decided that instead of me teaching the 2's/3's class that I would be teaching the 3's/4's class.  The next morning, we began setting up my new room.  Here are a few of pictures of it:






There is more that you can't see here, and soon I'll do a photo-shoot with my real camera and do a post on it.  In addition to designing the room and figuring out my curriculum, I set up a Facebook page for our child development center and continue to work on our website.  

This weekend, I decided to take time for myself (hence these two blog posts) and to finally take down our Christmas tree.

Now, here is some real news!  Do you remember earlier videos that I have put on here about the young dancer Boon Richter?  (Boon is my sister's boyfriend's kiddo).  Well, he is in first place an online dance contest where if he wins he will be able to meet his idol.  In addition, Boon was featured on the local news last night "Music is moving you, rather than you moving to the music."  This morning, Boon made the front page of the Eugene Register Guard, "Please click here to read that article."

If you have the chance, please check out his video on You Tube and vote by giving him a thumbs up.




Well, that is a summary/excuse on why I haven't been on my blog or visiting yours.  I'm going to do my best to get caught up with that.

This post is already long and full of a lot of links, but please be sure to scroll down to the other post that I made this morning about my friends who are busy getting published.

I'll leave you with some pretty pictures that I took last weekend at Crescent Lake, in the Oregon Cascades.  Notice the lack of snow:


























Hugs, my friends!!!  By the way, this is post number 2019, and I began blogging in November 2008.  Wow.

~ Kathy M.


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

13 comments:

Terra said...

Your classroom is very colorful and welcoming, and how nice you could give the shotgun and chairs as gifts to family members. Best wishes to the talented Boon.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Kathy--

First of all, I bow down to you. There is not enough money in the world to convince me to work with kids that young. Yikes. You are a brave woman.

Second, your photographs on this post are gorgeous--especially the one of the dock, and all the pictures with the reflection of the trees in them. Fabulous.

Third, thanks for the shout-out. I really appreciate it. I hope that 2014 brings you everything you want and need...

Anonymous said...

Kathy, you are so very busy! I'm glad you've found some time for yourself this weekend. Your pictures are beautiful!

Connie said...

Wow Kathy,
I got tired just reading your post. You have been on a whirlwind of activity. And I might add that it looks like you have lost weight . . . now, who among us can loose weight during the holidays? Looking good girlfriend :)

I am amazed that there is no snow. That must be putting a damper on the economy there in snow country. It's good to hear that you are with old children; you are going to enjoy it. They are so curious and eager to learn at this age :) Well, thanks for visiting my blog, because it let me know that you're alive and well. Now I'm going to watch your video.
Keep smiling,
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Unknown said...

WOW! Boon is something else! I'm impressed -- good luck to him!

Sally said...

Your classrooms look so colourful and fun for the children. Great photographs, love the reflections in the water. How can Boon make his body do that? Fantastic movement, good luck to him in his dance career.

Linda Reeder said...

Wow! Your "classroom" looks more like a lovely living room in some parts. And it is huge and so well supplied. What kind of a budget do you have, anyway? Is this a public or private pre-school?

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

You've been one busy lady! (Then again, I guess you have to keep on the go so you don't f-f-f-freeze, huh?) Yeah, I see there's no snow in those pictures, but it still looks cold as all get-out. Cold and crisp. With plenty of clean air, as long as you don't mind frozen nose hairs.

Your new classroom looks terrific. I'll bet you're gonna miss the two-year-olds. (They get a bad rap... they aren't "terrible" at all!)

Happy New Year! By the way, it was very nice of you to mention some of the new books out from other bloggers in your last post. I've only read a couple of them. (So many books, so little time!)

KathyB. said...

I love the classroom arrangement. If I were to ever teach in a pre-school again this is very similar to the way I would love to arrange a room. It looks like fun Kathy, but you must be so tired at the end of the day.

Crescent lake is beautiful.

Boy can he dance ! Good luck to him.

Tammy said...

What a fun/exciting/busy/beautiful start to the new year! Glad it's going well for you so far, Kathy!!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Those little ones are adorable, and your classroom must feel just like coming home to them. Warm and colorful, just like you. Also, love those pics! There are so many book blurbs in there! lol

Lynn said...

Love the dock picture! Thought I posted on this, but maybe that's when my Internet decided to go wonky!

tony said...

Hi Kathy,Im Glad You Had A Good Good Christmas & New Year.And Nice One Boon (I gave the video a 'like') Best Wishes,Tony.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":