Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Friday, February 6, 2009

Blue River/Rainbow, Oregon:

I wanted to share some highlights of last weekend's trip to the McKenzie Valley. (These pictures were taken with my Christmas camera, and I love it! I have so much to learn though. This was the first time that I have used it.)

We stayed at Holiday Farms Resort. They have all of these cute little vacation rental cabins, and a restaurant/lounge that it right across the street. The cabins are managed by two separate companies: The Holiday Farm Resort and McKenzie Riverside Cottages. If one company says they are full, call the other one. The cabins are individually owned, so they vary in decor. Some are right on the river, with decks overlooking the water. Winter rates vary from $158.00 to $175.00 per night, but you are getting your own house for that amount.



The Holiday Farms restaurant and lounge.



We stayed in Riversong this time. It is one of our favorites, as are Honeymoon and Lookout. Water Wheel is also very nice. Shady Rest does not have a deck right on the river, but it is a really nice little house with a great views. Some of the cabins:








Jerry and Linda from Bend invited us over for dinner on Monday night. We really enjoyed ourselves. Thanks again, you two!

Linda is holding an inspiring snake
that I might copy someday.


Jerry


Cary



Jan brought some souvenirs of last
years' trip to share with us.





Some pretty pictures of the scenery (I posted a bunch more this mornng under the McKenzie River link on the right):










My favorite photography subject (he's always handy and never objects ... plus, he's easy on the eye):







No comments:

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":