Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Interview With Kathy Matthews:

(I know that this is long, but it is an easy read.  Please scroll down to the post below if you have a minute, for some neat pictures of downtown Reno.)

Question:   

Where have you been, and what have you been doing with your time, Kathy Matthews?  Why haven't you been visiting our blogs?

Answer:

Well, obviously, I have not been spending much time on my blog lately, and I apologize for that.  I have been trying to visit as often as possible, and I am sorry if I have missed you.  

I even missed my 4th Year Bloggiversary! 

I spent a couple of days repackaging and storing all of the drygoods that I bought at Cash and Carry, the store where restaurants and small stores buy their food.  I was thrilled that I spent only $239 for all of this stuff, and that included what I was bringing for Thanksgiving also:








I totally fell out of the blogging groove when our computer crashed, and we didn't get a new one for two and a half weeks.  

In the middle of that, we went to Reno and Ashland.  I have been trying to post those travel pictures in a timely manner, and have made some headway there.

The week of Thanksgiving, one of my aunties had a heart attack (she is getting better!).  That was a scary deal for all, and that whole side of the family wasn't able to make it for our annual dinner at my Mom's church.

We went to Eugene for Thanksgiving.  Here are some of the Thanksgiving pictures

Sister Julie, her boyfriend Ken, and Grandma Jody

My daughter Kari and my cousin Amy get things ready.



My cousins Tim and Zach work on the mashed potatoes.



Cary and Uncle Frank enjoy their visit.


Blaze, Casey and Dom gaze longingly at the food.


My nephew Zane flashes me a smile.




Liza is so pretty.


My daughter Kristin, her boyfriend Scott and Tyler visit before dinner.




Aunt Mardy puts the finishing touches on the food table.

There was tons of food this year!


I brought my Grandma J.'s famous green beans with ham.


So many pies!

Thanksgiving night, we got a room at the Eugene Hilton and watched the TCU game. The next morning, we met with my kids for breakfast, and to say goodbye to Uncle Casey and Cousin Blaze:

Blaze, Cary, Kristin, Cary, Papa Rick and Casey



Taylor and Nigel



Blaze, Aunt Kari and Aunt Sissy



Casey, Uncle Casey and Blaze


Last week, I spent hours on The Letsom Letters project (my family history stuff).   I organized, transcribed a bunch of letters and diary entries, and put things into notebooks:







I got this neat idea from somebody, I think it may have been from my friend Lisa Richard Claro.  Go to where they sell baseball cards and buy a package of the organizers.  Then, I cut up some index cards to the right size and slipped them into the slots.  Now when I have an idea, question or something I need to research, I pull out a card, write on it and stick it back in.  It works very, very well.


I spent a trillion dollars on notebooks and dividers, but they are definitely worth it.  Here is the Letsom Family notebook.  The parents are in front and then all the kids get a section.  I put letters that they wrote, when they were born and when they died, who their kids were ... anything that I an find on the internet, etc. and put that info into the right spot.

So, as you can see, I've been busy, but I just haven't been on my blog.  When our computer was down, I used FB even more.  My Uncle Frank complained that I am on there TOO MUCH, so I told him to just delete me from his newsfeed.  I'm pretty sure he asked around about how to do that on the way home! 

At the end of the week, Grandma Darlene became ill and has been in the hospital for a few days. (She is getting better too!).  So, this morning as Cary and his brother visit their Mom, I am spending time on here doing a bit of catch up.  

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit, and if you have just another minute or two, please check out the post below.

God bless!

~ Kathy M. 


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

7 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

WOW - you have been very busy, Kathy. Your Thanksgiving dinner looks about like ours. I love that tablecloth on the dessert table. I'm glad I can keep up with you on FB.

Unknown said...

Whoa, what a busy schedule, my friend. I am so very happy to hear that your beloved sick family members are on the mend. I see that you had an amazing Thanksgiving and loved looking at all the pictures. Thanks for sharing this and I have to say that your organizing is intimidating and yet inspiring to a pantser like me. :)

Kathy A. Johnson said...

Whew, you have been busy. Glad to hear the family members are on the mend. Enjoy the variety and richness of your life and don't worry about easing up on the blogging. You'll get back to it soon, I'm sure.

Kathy A. Johnson said...

Oh, and contratulations on your four-year blogging anniversary!

Maude Lynn said...

Wow! You have been busy!

Lynn said...

Great pics Kathy! Looks like you had lots of good things to eat on Thanksgiving. And I love the idea with the baseball card binder things. Another project for me!

Wendy said...

I am sooooooooooooo jealous of those notebooks.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":