Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hi Everybody,

Just thought I would take a moment to say hello, and kind of summarize what we've been up to.

Last weekend we went to the valley to "do the cemeteries". I felt the roots of family love all around me, from my family who were all there to those in the graves we were putting flowers on. Many of my ancestors came by covered wagon over the Oregon Trail to settle in the Drain/Yoncalla area. I am working to pull as much information as possible together all in one spot under my Genealogy/Pioneer Research page. My Cousin Amy and I are working on a project to compile everything into notebooks for family members on my Mom's side of the family, so that information can be added easily. Our goal is to have them ready by our annual Thanksgiving gathering.

I have created two new websites recently and they are found on the sidebar: Kathy's Picks: Beautiful and Delightful Homes and Gardens, and Central Oregon. We have been traveling frequently to the valley recently and there are many new pictures under the McKenzie River Valley and My Photography. The recent blog posts have been expanded in those sections.

I have one more website I want to begin, and that is on my friends. Some have been lifelong, some are still in touch, some are not, and some have reappeared recently. Everybody is important and has a place in my heart ... and I have lots of pictures and memories that I want to put all in one place, just like I did for my church family and my daycare.

Cary and I will undoubtedly be going on drives around home and I'll be adding to the Central Oregon website. One nice thing about living here is that there are rivers, lakes and campgrounds from 5 minutes to 30 minutes away. We are very lucky to have access to so much beauty and recreational opportunities.

On the home front, we had our house painted and have begun working on the yard. Work is slow, due to the economy and the banks not lending any money, so we will have more free time this summer than we usually do.

I really appreciate all of you who read my blog, and I hope that you find something pretty or useful that makes it worth your while.

Love,

Kathy

No comments:

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":