Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mixing Business with Pleasure:

We went to Salem to attend a board meeting for the Oregon Independent Aggregate Association on Wednesday. We stayed at the Mill Creek Inn, which is really nice. The rooms have just been remodeled, and we have made it our home away from home while staying in Salem.







On the way home today, we did a bit of site seeing. We drove towards home on the North Santiam Highway, and stopped to take some pictures of Detroit Lake.








Then we headed up the McKenzie River. Our first stop was Clear Lake Resort. It has been recently changed management, and is now run by the Linn County Parks and Recreation District. Here are a few pictures that I took today. There is more information being posted on my McKenzie River page if you would like to learn more about any of the following places. If you have never been there, that area is a "must see". God's country.



The Lodge at Clear Lake Resort.



Clear Lake, Oregon:
Headwaters of the McKenzie River



Some of the resort cabins.





Rowboats only! No motorboats are allowed.




Picnic shelter at Clear Lake



After leaving Clear Lake, we drove a few miles down the road to Sahalie Falls.








After going as far as Rainbow, Oregon and stopping for lunch at The Rustic Skillet to say hi to our friend Candy, we turned back towards home and stopped at Fish Lake. It is a lake in the winter (with fish!) and a field in the summer. It has a lot of history, being a former stage coach stop.












Here are some shots of scenery on the pass on our way back towards Sisters.





As usual, we had a lot of fun. Cary and I make good travel companions. I just wanted to show you some of the pretty things that we saw. Thanks for taking a look, and remember to visit both my photography and McKenzie River links to see some more.


No comments:

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":