Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Friday, June 5, 2009

Clean Curtains and Returning to Domesticity:

I've been forcing myself to be domestic again. Once I get into it, I don't mind at all, but it is getting started that is the key. I have been baking, of all things. I made banana bread and cookies this week. Cary, Darlene and Grandma are glad about this new development, I think. (Matthews are not picky eaters, thank goodness.) Plus, I have been making us good dinners. The other night we had chicken cache-tori, and last night we had fried drumsticks, homemade potato salad and sauted asparagus with mushrooms and onions. Yumm!

I bought a food dehydrator, and am stocking up on canning supplies. This will be the year for learning how to preserve food. I am looking forward to it.

Yesterday I washed curtains, bought three new curtain rods and changed the look of the living room curtains (inspired by a need to block out the bright June sun). Since this is how I spent a few hours of my day yesterday, and it is positive, I am celebrating it by showing how it turned out. I even watched HGTV shows as I was working on them. Oh, so domestic.






I know that you guys have seen my dining room a lot, but I finally bought a new curtain rod to replace the one that was bent. When I sit at my computer I look at the dining room, and those crooked curtains constantly bothered me. I cropped that out of any dining room picture, because I didn't want anybody to see it. I was ashamed, because I knew I could do better. A quick easy fix, I don't know why it took me so long. This picture makes me happier than the one above it for some reason.


No comments:

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":