Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Goodbye, David Rodakowski....

  Our friend Dave died on September 15th, and we will miss his smile, his stories and his gentle spirit. Dave was a musician, photographer and construction worker. Dave was 59 years old. He worked for us a few years back, driving in every day with that little red pickup. We are still waiting to hear when his memorial service will be held. Thanks for being a friend to us and to many others in the La Pine and Springfield communities, Dave. 


Dave Rodakowski with our friend Lisa Clarke

(Photos courtesty of Debb Raver's Facebook page.)



Please click here to go to the post 
about Dave's memorial service:
David Rodakowski's Memorial Service




At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

4 comments:

Debb Raver said...

Hey Kathy, I just wanted to add that David was also an excellent cook!! :) Thanks for remembering him on your page, glad you could use the pics. He will definitely be missed. Debb

Anonymous said...

Hi Debb, thanks for the pictures.

Anybody who wants to can leave a memory or comment about David "Rhody" Rodakowski here if they want to. I'll post more when we know about the memorial service. He has already been creamated.

~ Kathy

Anonymous said...

My name is Teri and I live in Springfield. I've known Dave and his family since I was a small girl. Went to school with both David and Tommy Rodakowski.Made money every summer with my brother and sister at the Rodakowski farm, picking beans! That's where all of us became really good friends.
I always admired David as a musician/drummer. He knew this and when I became a drummer, he stopped by my house, and handed me a gift! I unwrapped the "coolest" gift ever! It was a "model" mini-drum set. Like an airplane model you would put together.(I still have it!)
I had to tell you all this because it was one of the most memoriable moments in my life! At that time David was a pretty "big deal" in this area, and for him to do this for me, proved to me what a kind, generous guy he really was!
I never told him how much that one little gift mean't to me, so...thank you David.
All the friends you made here in the Eugene/ Springfield area and myself are so sad you are gone. We loved you David! May you rest in peace my friend.
Miss Teri Craddock/Carter

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Teri, thank you so much for sharing your story. We will read it tomorrow at the service. I'm sure Tommy will really appreciate it.

Take care,

Kathy

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":