Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Be true to youself ... and burn that bridge when you come to it:

I was sorting through old photos yesterday and found these of me in the mid-90's on a hike in the French Pete Wilderness of Oregon.  My hair was longer and darker, and I was skinnier back then.  But apparently I wasn't very afraid of heights in those days.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

A few years after these were taken, I divorced the photographer.  This led to me going back to school to finish up my degree, and then moving a couple of hours from my comfort zone to begin a new life with my little boy.  (He just turned 22 yesterday, so I will sneak in a Happy Birthday shout-out to my Nigel right now!)

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

One thing that I have always had, besides a sense of balance, is faith.  Thank goodness, because I have always believed that things can always improve, even in the darkest of times.  Faith, hope and love.  And the greatest of these is love.  But, faith is right up there, and it almost always requires some action on our part.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

So, I just kept moving forward with my own life and God guided me along.  Eventually, I met my best friend husband, Cary and we were married.  Cary is my reward, and when I listen to this Jimmy Buffett song, he is the one that I am thinking of.  My gift from God. We burn those bridges when we come to them, together and forever.





At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.  Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

8 comments:

BECKY said...

Awesome post, Kathy! And look at you, walking across that bridge...and balancing on that log! I'm impressed!! I really would love to get cured of my fear of heights....because I really do want to do things that require "heights!" :)
I'm so happy for you that you found Cary. My husband is also my best friend....well, sometimes not! LOL

Grammy Goodwill said...

Oh, wow. No way could I ever do that, no matter what age I was.

Linda@VS said...

I'm with the others in admiring your courage. I don't think there was ever a time in my life when I could have made myself walk across that log or that bridge.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Wonderful post, Kathy. You're an inspiration!

KathyB. said...

God is so good to us, isn't He? It is a wonderful thing to be able to look back on darker times in our lives and see how God has brought us through them and into joy, sometimes when we thought there would never again be joy.Lovely post.

Flowers said...

Wow I'm not sure I could ever do that! It does look amazing though! Fantastic post!

Lynn said...

Such a sweet post that I can totally relate to. Good for you in moving forward. YAY! And nice pics too.

Hart Johnson said...

Oh, that hike is so gorgeous! I miss living somewhere I can get THAT far into nowhere. And very good to just keep going, even when life throws a wrench in it. Happy birthday to your son!

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":