Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Hi Everybody,

Happy Mother's Day to you and your moms today.

Last night we had Cary's mom Darlene, brother Larry, his girlfriend Karla and her son Cody over for a yummy dinner.  It was a lot of fun. 

This morning I am driving to Eugene to spend time with my peeps and Cary is going to spend a special day with Darlene. 

How will you be spending your Mother's Day this year?  However you do, I hope that it will be wonderful. 

Hugs, 

Kathy M.

I borrowed the picture (and doctored it up a bit) and the poem below from my favorite little book, "Celebrations" c. 1977.

 Source:  Celebrations, Becky Stevens Cordello, Butterick Publishing c. 1977

Mothers
by Carolyn Davies

Mothers! 

The gray-haired mother, whose successful sons and happy daughters bring flowers and love -- 

The young girl-wife, with her first baby in her arms -- 

The mother of seven, struggling against poverty and fear and want, but keeping the six patched and mended and in school, and the baby clean -- 

The mother in the shack on the prairie, in the homestead on the range, in the mountains far from church or neighbors, who becomes church and neighbors and civilization to her children -- 

The average mother of the the average family, with the average amount of bills and worries over Johnny's measles and Mary's beaus -- 

Mothers! 

May Providence strengthen them to go on with high hearts for another year -- when we will again bear loving gifts of white carnations or, if far from them, send our grateful telegram. 

Mothers!  God bless them. 

The Delineator, 1925

Thank you to my Sepia Saturday friend, C. Foxy over 
at Crazy as a Cool Fox for being my newest follower! 


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check


2 comments:

Wendy said...

It sounds like you have a good day planned. Today is my older daughter's birthday too. She lives in Savannah, but she is visiting us this week at Smith Mountain Lake iin Virginia, so it's a double celebration for us.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Wendy, I hope that you guys had a great time!

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":