Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Seattle is #1!



In the spirit of celebrating the positive portions of everyday life, I am so happy that the Seattle Mariners are on a winning streak. They are tied with Baltimore for first place in the American League right now, with 6 wins and 2 losses. All without Ichiro, who will not play until tonight because he has been suffering with a bleeding ulcer.

Last night was their first home game, and the Mariners now have Ken Griffey, Jr. back on the team. Yeah! I really like and agree with the tactics of the new manager, Don Wakamatsu, who is doing all he can to make sure the players have confidence, something that the Mariners have been missing for all of my 6 years of watching them play.

I am in the process of building a 40-man fantasy roster and making a webpage for it, for our grandboys and me to enjoy. In picking out my favorites, there are a lot of Mariners, Angles, Red Sox and Yankees included, but others are also choices. Johnny Damon is still my very favorite, because he's so nice, a good player and of course, hot!

With my limited knowledge of baseball, I predict that Seattle and Kansas City will be in the playoffs this year. They might not be World Series winners, but I think both of those teams will have a really good year. I don't know anything about Kansas City's history, but in building my roster I learned that they have acquired a lot of good players from other teams recently. Let's see what happens! GO MARINERS!!!!!

(There are several baseball links on my Daily News page for those who are interested.)



No comments:

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":