Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Monday, March 1, 2010

The Green Mile:


I am nearly finished with The Green Mile, by Stephen King.  Man, is that a good book or what?  It is funny, because I didn't even know it was written by Stephen King.  It isn't one of his horror novels though.  I had heard the name of the movie, but had avoided it because I thought it was another war movie.  The movie has been on t.v. a lot lately, and it is just like the book.  Nearly word for word.  A few minor details have been changed, but not much.

For those of you who were in the dark about The Green Mile, like me, this book is about the inmates at Cold Mountain Penitentiary on death row in 1932 and their guards, and a mouse named Mr. Jingles.  One of the inmates, a black giant by the name of John Coffey, has special healing powers.  That is all that you are going to get out of me regarding to the plot, because I don't want to spoil anything. 

There are some elements that run through the story, having to do with bad people and good people.  These scenarios are pointed out: some people are bad and some people are evil.  Bad things happen to good people.  Good people can be nice to bad people and that is okay.  Sometimes bad people can be nice too, and that is okay.  Life is not fair, but God is good. There are many different variations on that theme.

Stephen King is an excellent storyteller, of course.  If you get a chance, I do recommend reading it.  I got my copy at the book sale for a dollar...score!  I am sure that you can check it out at the library though.




No comments:

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":