Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving 2011:

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews ~ Postcard Source: Bing Images

Hello, Friends! 

I hope that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving this year, and that the weather won't get in the way of your get together.  We are trying to make sure that it won't get in our way as we go over the mountain and through the woods to go to Eugene.  Here is the link to last year's family celebration, if you want to check out what we do on Thanksgiving: "Thanksgiving 2010".

For those of you who visit Oregon Gifts from other countries, I wish you a happy day tomorrow, even if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving. 

Thanksgiving is a true American holiday in the sense that it celebrates the day when the Pilgrims and the Indians joined together for a feast so long ago.  For some wonderful Thanksgiving decorating, food ideas and history, please click on this link and visit Jessa Irene over at Holiday Haven.  You won't be disappointed!  There is one post in particular where Jessa Irene sums things up very nicely for us: "Last Minute Thanksgiving Ideas and Tips"

God bless, and I'll be back on here soon.  I think it is safe to say that I'll be late with Book Blurb Friday and Sepia Saturday this week.

Thanksgiving is also very close our grandson Casey's birthday.  This year, he will be eleven.  Wow!  I love this recent picture of Casey and his dog Boomer that my daughter Kari took:


Source:  Kari's Facebook Photos

Hugs,

Kathy M.


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

9 comments:

Jessa said...

First off, what a gorgeous photo of 'your boys', love the sepia. And thank you so much for sharing my site! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, hope you have a lovely holiday!

BECKY said...

Oh, Kathy! I don't know who is more adorable...your grandson or Boomer!! (Can I really say that?!)
Happiest of Thanksgivings to you, dear friend...and safe travel! Hugs, Becky

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Oh that photo! It looks like a promo for a Hallmark movie. What a pair. Best pals, looks like. And you just made my day.

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving, full of good food and endless love. :)

Little Nell said...

We don’t celebrate Thanksgiving but we once had American neighbours who invited us to their celebration. It was lovely. And so is the picture of your grandson and his dog.

Lynn said...

What a cute picture! Makes me want to go take a nap. You have a great Thanksgiving, eat lots and enjoy the company!

Gloria said...

Stopping by to say Happy Thanksgiving one more time, Kathy! LOL! And a Happy Birthday to Casey. Have a wonderful holiday and weekend.
Best,
Gloria xxoo

forgetmenot said...

Kathy, Just wanted to come by and wish you a Happy Thanksgiving, my friend. Enjoy the "chaos" and joy of the day with your family. Mickie :)

Anonymous said...

hi to all www.oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy.blogspot.comers this is my first post and thought i would say a big hello to yous -
regards speak again soon
g moore

Arlee Bird said...

Happy Thanksgiving and Holiday time to you and your family. That photo of Casey and Boomer looks like the way I felt after our dinner on Thursday-- peacefully sated bliss.

Lee
Enjoy my delightful interview with Susan Kane on
Wrote By Rote Saturday 11/26

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":