Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Oh, good, it is Friday and it is sunny here in Mayberry.  I might just need to pry myself away from this computer and get busy on some yard work.

I wanted to let you know that there are three new posts since yesterday below this one:

1. Book Blurb Friday #60: "Prairie Love" Featuring Trisha Yearwood's "She's In Love With the Boy"

2. A - Z Challenge: "R" is for River: "Rustic River Rhino"

3. A Repost of My Chicken Tablescape

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

Yesterday, I had just finished an errand and was sitting in my car, touching base with Cary on the phone.  The lady who was about to get into the car next to me stood at my passenger window with the above plant in her hand.  I rolled down the window, and she said, do you want this?  I said, well, yes I do, thank you!  That nice lady made my day. 

I don't know what kind of plant it is, but my friend Doyce said it is some sort of fern.  It is really healthy too.  On the way home I bought a special pot for it, and now it is in our living room, sitting pretty. 

I am going to be on the lookout today for ways to perform random acts of kindness.  How about you?  Has somebody done something nice for you lately, and did it spur you to be nice to others? 

Hope that your weekend is wonderful, 

Kathy M.



At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.  Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

6 comments:

Kim, USA said...

Yes this is a fern and for act of kindness hubby cook breakfast for me, hehe! Happy weekend Kathy! ^_^

Linda said...

What a nice thing to do. Very pretty.

Linda Reeder said...

Wow. cool fern, wonderful story.

Golden Eagle said...

It's a pretty plant! How nice of the lady who stopped by your car. :)


The Golden Eagle
The Eagle's Aerial Perspective

KathyB. said...

A very nice fern, a very nice gift of random kindness.A good start to a wonderful weekend for you!

Little Nell said...

Nice - but strange. I’m itching to know why the lady was wanting to give it away, do tell us more. Did she work in the store, were you parked next to her garden?Sorry, I’ve said this before, but I am nosy.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":