Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

This and That Thursday:

Well it has been a busy week so far.  I've been working, visiting with my Mom, catching up on phone calls, reconnecting with old friends, making more postcards and doing chores.  The weather has been pleasant, and things are fine.  I would like to welcome Anne as my newest follower.  Her blog is awesome, and you can visit her over at "A Little Fur in the Paint".

On Monday, I was at Bi-Mart buying ink and scrap-booking paper, carrying my postcards in my purse.  I showed them to the guy in the audio/visual/electronics department, and he was pretty impressed.  He said that he wished that he could order the extra long ink cartridges for me, that he has tried, but that Costco is the place to go for those.  I knew that Costco carried them, but Bi Mart is much more convenient for me.  Oh, well.

Next, I went over in the sewing/crafts/scrap-booking department, and there was a woman standing there looking over the paper selection.  I couldn't help myself, I whipped out my postcards again and showed them to her.  She was so surprised, but not because of my behavior.  She said "Hi!" and gave me this look like, I know you.  She also said, you don't remember me do you?  I said no ...  It was Cherry from Cherry's Jubilee!  How funny.  We first met at the post office a couple of years ago.  We visited for a bit, and made tentative plans for getting together.  I told her that I would like to come over and take pictures of her workspace and do a blog post on her.  Stay tuned for that, but in the meantime here is the link to her blog, "Cherry's Jubilee"Cherry's work is absolutely stunning.  We are also thinking of calling a meet-up for Central Oregon bloggers sometime.

Here are a few of the new post cards that I made this week; ones that are not of scenery.  I've decided to sell my handcrafted, one of a kind postcards for $3.00 each:












Sports News:
 
On Monday, Ichiro and the New York Yankees pulled a fast one on us Mariners fans.  Not only was Ichiro an instant Yankee, he was also playing for their team that very night.  Because watching baseball is what we do around here on summer evenings anyway, I grabbed my camera and did my best to take pictures of Ichiro's first at bat as a NYY.  It was pretty neat.  The fans gave Ichiro a standing ovation, and he took off his hat and bowed to the crowd.  The pictures aren't the best, but you can still get an idea of what was going on:










The next night, Tuesday, Felix was pitching and nobody understands what got into him.  Currently one of the best pitchers in baseball, his aim was off that night.  He hit Ichiro, Derek Jeter, and then broke A-Rod's wrist (ruining the rest of his season).  Dang, that was horrible to watch, but if you want to, I got this video off of You Tube: 




Last night, Cary said that we were going to the family reunion in Bakersfield.  This morning he says we are not.  As far as I can tell, things are still up in the air, but I hope that he changes his mind once more.  The reunion begins tomorrow evening.  If I'm not on here for a few days, I'm out taking family pictures and having fun.  If I am on here, you will know that we really didn't go after all, but I still plan on having fun.

Hope that you all have a wonderful weekend.

~ Kathy M.


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check


6 comments:

Connie said...

I love that comment that you made at the ending of this post. If you go you'll be having fun, but if you don't go you'll still be having fun. Bravo . . . that's the attitude of a healthy woman.

Well, I'm not a big baseball fan, but I know how loved Ichiro is my all of his Pacific Northwest fans, and that the Yankees have taken a treasure away and probably broke a few hearts in doing it.

The bottom two postcards are my favorite. Have a great day, Connie :)

Little Nell said...

I can see the postcard business taking off in a big way.As long as you still have time for blogging that’s OK. Well, I hope you get to go to your reunion but I know you’ll have fun whatever you do. I thought it was we ladies who were supposed to change our minds :)

Kathy A. Johnson said...

Great attitude--having fun no matter what this weekend.

I was shocked to see Ichiro leave the Mariners, but apparently that's what he wanted. We will see more of him now that he is a Yankee. I'm not sure I'm happy about that--he's still a good player! :)

Arkansas Patti said...

I am so sorry you all lost Ichrio. He was with you forever and a great player. I always enjoyed watching him play.
We Marlins are in a shuffle mood right now and two of my favorite players, Infante and Sanchez, were sent to Detroit. Can't say I will miss Hanley who went to the Dodgers. I hate that baseball is such a business.
Wow, what happened to King Felix? That is not him at all. He single handedly wiped out the Yankees line up.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thanks, Ladies! Patti, you cracked me up ... I don't know what happened, but I was pretty upset about Alex's wrist. We need him so that Ichiro can get his World Series ring, dang it! You are right, it isn't at all like The King, and if he wouldn't have hit Jeter and Ichiro first ... The thing is, where he hit A-Rod, that wasn't even in a bad spot to throw it, not like on his back or anything ... it looked like in the strike zone to me. Still too bad. I don't know too much about the Marlins, but maybe with Hanley it was like Manny going over to the Dodgers; nobody really minded very much? I love baseball!

Grammy Goodwill said...

Oh, my goodness, Kathy. This new set of postcards is just beautiful, too. You really do have a gift for this. I'm sorry I'm not a baseball fan, so I can't comment on any of that.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":