Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Weekend in Review:

So, how has your weekend been?  I know that some of you have been having troubles with fire or rain or heat or no electricity, and I hope that things will be back to normal for you very, very soon.

Here it is still more like spring than summer.  Temps have been up to 75*, and we had a thunder and lightening storm yesterday evening that came with a lot of rain.  I was wishing that it could be sent to our friends who are dealing with the fires, but it did knock the rest of the pollen out of the trees once and for all.

On Thursday, while running errands with my MIL, I bought some plants in gallon containers.  They were pretty cheap, 3 for $9.99, so I bought nine of them, three of each for each of the three containers that line our sidewalk.  On Friday, I decided to get busy and plant them.   They are kind of pretty:





Yesterday, we pretty much just hung out around the house.  I finished reading my book, "Knit in Comfort".   I did a few chores and got my sewing machine figured out (I was having problems with the presser foot).  I sewed one t.v. blanket, and have two more ready to sew when the mood hits me.  My friends adopted three children in June, and I promised each child a blanket to snuggle with.  I'll show you how they turned out when they are all done.   Pictures of the fabric are in this blog post.  If you would like to follow Lisa and Jack's journey of becoming parents and having an instant family, please check out Lisa's blog:  Big Yellow Ric Rac.

I don't know what is the matter with me, but I just don't feel like taking pictures right now.  I think that we need to take a drive out of town, go camping or something pretty soon so that I can get excited about my photography once again.  We keep trying too, but the weather is bad, or work is too busy, or something else comes up.  We are just trying to go with the flow.   

This morning, we did walk around the little fair in town.  We ate Thai food, went to the quilt show, and that was that.  I should have been busy taking pictures of the quilts, or our friends that we ran into and visited with, but I didn't.  Here are the few photos that I did take:






I did take Jimmy and Sam's picture.  Their baby is due in only a week!  His name is J.C., and he is our great-nephew (Jimmy is our nephew).  We can't wait to meet him.  I have to get to work on J.C.'s blanket too.  Sam is ready.  I hope the mood to sew comes on pretty strong soon.

Now we are watching the Mariners and Boston, and I need to choose a new book to read.  Hope that your Sunday is peaceful and that your week will be wonderful.

Kathy M.


Oh!  Our grandson Casey flew out with his Aunt Angie to Alaska this morning to visit with his cousins and family there.  Have fun, Casey, and thanks Aunt Angie and Uncle Casey!  Heart you all.
 


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

6 comments:

Gloria said...

Hello, Kathy! First of all, what a great trip for Casey! Godspeed to him. And I had horrible thunderstorms here today, a big limb came down, just missed my house. I am grateful the good Lord was watching out for us and the house. I like your new plants and planters! I'm sure they all look great. And you didn't take any pictures of your Thai food for me???? Naughty Kathy! ;)
Well, enjoy the nice warmer weather you are having. I'm sure you are glad the snow is finally over for a few months!
Best,
Gloria xxoo

Arkansas Patti said...

Wow, your climate sounds marvelous. I am house bound here by the heat. Nothing under 100 in the past week with the same for the next 7 days.
Hope you get your photo bug back. A camping trip might do it.

Pamela said...

Loved reading about your weekend. I don't read a lot of fiction but this Knit in comfort looks a relaxing read and sometimes I just need a book like that.

Is Mercy a new book? I've read almost all of her books and don't remember that one.

What a treat to see your wedding pictures. A beautiful bride!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Gloria, thank you, they got to Alaska just fine and I'm sure that they will all have a fun time. Unfortunately, the Thai food wasn't anything to write home about this time, but it was only $7 for a combo plate so I won't complain. So glad that the tree didn't damage your house!

Hi Patti, I'm sorry that it is another miserable summer for you guys. My friend lives in KS and has been taking pictures of her car mirror each day ... 107*, 105* ... yuck! As far as my pictures, I'm sure it will come back when I see something new. Thanks!

Kathy A. Johnson said...

For once, we're having pretty good summer weather! After Debby came through and soaked us, she took some of the humidity with her and it's been quite nice lately. It's heating up now, and the humidity is rising, but still not up to normal July levels. (And that's your weather report from central Florida!) Nice weekend, it sounds like--sometimes the relaxed ones are the best.

Lisa Plumb said...

Thanks in advance for the blankets and thanks for the link to my blog! I know the kids will just love receiving them! Love you!

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":