Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

"Set Free" by Shelly Miller

The following photo has been circulating around Facebook the past couple of days.  When my friend Shelly saw it, she was reminded of a poem that she had written last year and posted it on her Facebook page under the photo.  I love Shelly's poem, and asked her if I could share it with you on my blog.  Here it is:




"Set Free"
  by Shelly Miller c. 2012

Sand sifts through fingers
Suns rays filter through clouds

I am shimmering tears
threatening to overflow
I am the heart
breaking into pieces
I am the lonely one
longing for hugs

Sand sifts through fingers
Suns rays filter through clouds
Wind blows ever changing directions

I love children
the joy we share
I love learning
through experiences
I love watching ocean waves
and smelling the salty sea air

Sand sifts through fingers
Suns rays filter through clouds
Wind blows ever changing directions

I am many puzzle pieces together
the picture is almost visible
I am secrets
safe inside me
I am a tree
standing tall

I am hope
I am brave
I am peace
I am strong
I am laughter

Now I am free


Me and Shelly a couple of years ago.

I am linking this post to Pamela Kuhn's "A Sheltering Tree" weekly blog hop, Share the Shelter.  When you are all through here at Oregon Gifts, please hop on over there to see some lovely and inspirational posts.


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

10 comments:

21 Wits said...

A most loving and moving poem. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Hart Johnson said...

Very nice. I'm glad she let you share it. It's funny how much of life depends on how you look at it.

nutschell said...

a lovely and inspiring poem! Thanks for sharing it with us!
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Unknown said...

Beautiful poem. Just beautiful.

Cheryl said...

That is beautiful, thanks for sharing.
big hugs,
Cheryl

Elizabethd said...

Such an inspirational poem.

Pamela said...

I was touched by Sherry's poem. This week has seemed to be "shimmering teas threatened to overflow. But "I am hope, brave, peace, strong and laughter" through Jesus who gives me strength! Thank Sherry for permitting you to share her poetry.

Hazel said...

Shelly is right. What beautifully wise words! That's one gorgeous photograph too. It matches Shelly's thoughts perfectly.

Hi Kathy, I'm dropping by from Sepia today. Like always I enjoy the visit. Thanks.

Unknown said...

What a lovely poem of yours. I love reading poems because of the wide and deep meaning of it. Thanks for sharing.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Thank you, everybody, for your very kind words. I copied them for Shelly on FB and she was so excited with all of your comments. I'm trying to talk her into making her own blog now!

Kathy M.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":