Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!


Unlike a lot of people, I don't make New Year's resolutions. I've tried in the past, but extra pressure is not my thing.

The beginning of my year is in September. I am still stuck on school schedule. I make my plans for what I want to get accomplished and then do my best to Plan-Do-Review.

The past few winters have been long and sometimes depressing. Due to the weather, there is little work at work. This year I planned my winter and decided to work on my crafts business and to write. Creating this blog has given me a place to put everything in one spot, and in the process I've been learning how to do a bit of web design.

I have everything lined out ... toys, blankets and things to make; plus pages and pages of areas on the blog to be filled in. Except now I am worn out, and all my big plans feel overwhelming. I think I'm meloncholy. I don't even have the gumption to take down the Christmas ornaments or package up and freeze all the food I've cooked. Everywhere I look, there is so much to do. Even learning how to use my new camera seems like too much. Probably its just because I have a cold and worked too hard on Christmas.

I'm the one putting the pressure on myself to produce ... good, better, best -- never let it rest, until the good is better and the better's best! The ironic thing is that I laid out these projects to last all winter and now am trying to make myself do them all at once.

Still, I think it is best to do some resting today and maybe just read a good book. That way I'm still getting something done, but it isn't work. Read, while we watch parades and football and wonder why we don't get FOX news anymore. I'll miss Greta, but I won't miss Sean.

Happy New Year's Day 2009 -- may this be the best year of your life!

No comments:

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":