Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Corvallis, Oregon

January 2009:



This is where we stayed while we were in Corvallis. It was another good deal for everything that was included: a pool and spa; a riverview; free breakfast; evening cookies and milk, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches ... friendly, great service all for $89.00 per night. Also, this place is just a couple of blocks from downtown, near many college restaurants and bars ... including McMenamins. If you can't tell, we like McMenamins. Another bouus is that is just minutes away from the OSU campus. We'd stay there again in while in Corvallis, handsdown. Here are some pictures of the room:




The O2WA Conference:



After we left Newport, we drove 45 miles to Corvallis to set up our booth at the O2WA Conference and to inform others about the wonders of Multi-Flow. We had much more fun than we thought we might, mostly because we didn't have to attend the classes, and because we had one to two hour breaks while others were in those classes. (It kind of felt like cheating!)

We met a lot of nice people and learned a lot from other vendors. The food was okay, but not as good as the food that we had in Roseburg at the last one of these events that we attended.



We received a lot of business at our booth because we gave away Multi-Flow sweatshirts, hats and CD's. I figured out my sales speech; gave the problem people to Cary, and had a lot of fun. The ratio of men to women was about 200:5, so with a smile and the free stuff that we were handing out, my job was easy. It was fun being with Cary, knowing that we are both outgoing, and that all we had to do that weekend was to plant seeds. I kept thinking about how well we get along together, and how we are good at going along with the flow together.

There were about 450 people there and we knew around 50 or so, including around 15 of our contractors. Later Friday night, we went out to dinner with Stan, Jake and Kim Russell and Dan Rutherford; as well as with Ramona, and J.B. It was a lot of fun!

After packing up our booth on Saturday, we went back to our room and then we went to the Beavers - Huskies game.

No comments:

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":