Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Ring:

See this ring? This is my birthstone ring that my Grandma T. gave me when I was 14 or 15. The stone is tourmaline. I was born in October, so I get a choice between opal and tourmaline for my birthstone. I started wearing it again about 6 months ago, on my pinkie finger.

A couple of weeks ago, we went to a potluck at our friends Rob and April's. I was assigned to bring green beans with ham. They require cooking for about 4 hours to turn out right, the way I make them. I put everything in my best blue cooking pot and then met Cary for lunch. While at lunch I looked down and saw that the stone was missing out of my ring! I felt sad and said a quick prayer that I would find the stone, because it came from Grandma. Cary said, it's a goner, you will never find it. I had to agree that was probably the case.

We went to our potluck and people ate the yummy green beans with ham. I brought home the pan of beans and put it in the fridge. Cary and I ate some of them on Sunday. On Monday, when Kari and Casey were here, we had some more of them for lunch. I was eating mine and felt something crunchy. I thought it was a bone from the ham, but, you guessed it, it was the stone from my ring.

What are the odds? It could have dropped off its setting anyplace other than the beans. It could have been in anybody else's portion of beans over the previous few days. It could have been thrown away when a plate was scraped. But it ended up in my own mouth!

Now, I call that an answer to prayer. And, with so many people praying for my sister tomorrow, I know she will be fine. Angie is way more important than my ring. Faith, that's what it is called. Thank you, God!



Three Muskateers:
Rob, April and Kathy


No comments:

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":