Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Thursday: PeaceHealth's Riverbend Hospital

On Thursday, my little sister had major surgery. It was supposed to last about 4 or 5 hours, and actually lasted 8 hours. It got a little complicated near the end, but she is doing fine now. Her doctor is the nicest young man, with a gentle demeanor, and we thank him and his crew for a job well done.

The new hospital in Eugene opened last year. It is a wonderful, beautiful place. This is something that I hadn't seen before: all over the place, like in an airport, there are screens where you can track your patient's surgery progress:


This was Angie, with Dr. Teh:




My Mom, Nanny, Julie, Dad, Jill, Kari, Dick and Vicki (not pictured) and I were there in the surgery waiting room, keeping each other company and trying to keep our minds off of what they were doing to Angie. Also joining us was Nanny's friend who was waiting for her husband to finish up his surgery.


Mom, Nanny, and Julie


Me and my Nanny.


Kari and her Nanny. Kari works at the hospital.
It was fun to see her office and meet her coworkers.



Mom, Nanny and Julie again.


Jill and Dad



This hospital is like a fancy hotel or something. It is located in a park like setting on the McKenzie River and everything is peaceful and pretty. And, the parking is all free.



The Chapel:



The Lobby:



The Cafeteria:




No comments:

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":