Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Friday, November 13, 2009

Doing My Best with Isaiah 58:7-12

Isaiah 58:7-12 :

"I want you to share your food with the hungry and bring right into your own homes those who are helpless, poor and destitute. Clothe those who are cold, and don't hide from relatives who need your help.  


If you do these things, God will shed his own glorious light upon you. He will heal you; your godliness will lead you forward, goodness will be a shield before you, and the glory of the Lord will protect you from behind. Then, when you call, the Lord will answer. "Yes, I am here," he will quickly reply. All you need to do is to stop oppressing the weak and stop making false accusations and spreading vicious rumors!  


Feed the hungry! Help those in trouble! Then your light will shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around you shall be as bright as day. And the Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy you with all good things, and keep you healthy too; and you will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring. Your sons will rebuild the long-deserted ruins of your cities, and you will be known as "The People Who Rebuild Their Walls and Cities."  TLB


I do want to do my part in being an encouragement to others. Last year, I decided to get organized and make gift bags for homeless people and/or those sitting on the corners with their signs asking for help. Instead of giving money, when the spirit leads me, I give these:


They are filled with items like this:


I am showing this to you so, if the spirit leads you, you can make up your own bags at home, and have them on hand. If you add everything up, it would probably cost between $20-$25, but I gather the contents over time (including coffee and shampoo when we travel), and then put a bag or two in my car.  It's easy, and it is rewarding. The people really enjoy their gift of love, and I do it in the name of Jesus, so it makes me feel good too.  Remember, it is about love and encouragement ...  giving somebody a cup of coffee, some dog food for their dog, or whatever encouraging thing that you think of will to do will do the trick.

Actually, it is a lot easier than making either Rock Candy or Orange Spice balls. And, I that is all I am going to say about that.

No comments:

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":