Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Friday, November 6, 2009

The Ft. Hood Massacre:

(Click to enlarge.)

Like the rest of America, I am filled with sorrow about what happened yesterday at Ft. Hood. I watched it on TV, gathering the facts as they came in, and was angry but kind of detached. This morning I am in tears. I am so tired of these people killing the people they work or attend school with. My heart goes out to the victims and their family and friends. Yesterday was a horrible day that they and their community members will never forget. They will forever remember where they were when they heard the news, and how worried they were about if their loved one present was hurt or killed.

My two girls were at Thurston High School when Kip Kinkle drove by my daycare and headed towards the school with his guns. He passed my daughter in the breezeway on his way in. She had known him since 4th grade and had a class with him that term, and still didn't recognize him that morning ... with the look on his face and in his long trench coat. I am glad that he recognized her and kept going, that she was spared what was about to happen to the other poor children who were hanging out before class in the cafeteria. My other daughter and her best friend were in the gym, about ready to head into the cafeteria. Thank God they hadn't gotten there yet. I will not focus on much more of the details, except to mention my thankfulness for the heroics of the kids who stopped him before he could hurt more people, and for those who helped their wounded friends. I also was glad when Kip pleaded guilty and did not put everybody through his trial, having to face him and relive that day in a courtroom setting.

That day marked the beginning for other school shootings, which included the horrible Columbine, where nobody was allowed to go in and help (that was my slant on it anyway) and on to the Virginia Tech massacre. People do not send their kids to school to get killed. Of course, these shootings also happen in the workplace and in restaurants and parks, and now at Ft. Hood.

I have no answers for how to prevent it future attacks, I just wish it would all stop. I am praying for those who were involved in yesterday's tragedy, and invite you to join me. I would also like to thank all of our service people and our veterans for protecting our country. Thank you to my own family members who have been in the military, and for those who are still actively serving. I appreciate you so very much, and I am sorry that you now have to worry about being shot at on our own soil as you attend your special ceremonies.

Because, I know how these things go ... I am afraid that the copycats are scheming their bigger and better attacks at this very moment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad the shooter is still alive- he is gonna get his ass kicked in jail! frickin loser! i don't get why people do this- why kill other people- just kill yourself if life is that bad! what a sorry piece of shit he is!!! shanna

Anonymous said...

I am just wanting the blood bath (War) to be over.Those people will fight and kill there own for another 20 years ,I am sure of it.We made are point and now we are just losing are boys.Let,s get the hell out of there and start trying to heal.Peace and my Loveto all who are suffering right now ,this is horrable

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comments! I am glad that the killer will be facing justice and we may get some answers as to why he did what he did. There were more killings/shootings today in Florida; I fear that there will be some others too. This kind of thing seems to spark more violence.

As far as for the war, I believe the politians should not be the ones to be running it from their offices ... that is what happened in Viet Nam and it went on forever and we lost so many.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":