Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Kathy's Winter Chowder:

Yesterday, as the snow fell and Cary cleaned it up, I decided that it was a great day to make soup.  I made the following up as I went along, and it turned out really, really good.  I was on Facebook narrating my play-by-play quiet day, and got a request for the recipe.  Here it is!



 

Kathy’s Winter Chowder:

In a large pot (one that doesn’t burn things easily as it simmers, like the one above if you have one) put in these items:

1 can of chicken broth
1 cube of butter
2 cans of clams, juice included
1 can of Progresso New England Clam Chowder
2 cans of corn
6 white potatoes or so, chopped
    (I used some small red potatoes too)
1 large sweet onion, chopped
1 cup of fresh broccoli
Garlic salt, pepper, basil, other spices you like
Mix this stuff all together and then fill up the pot with milk

Turn the heat to medium and let everything get to nearly boiling and then lower heat to simmer.  Cook for several hours, until the potatoes are soft, stirring frequently.  Don’t burn the milk!  Enjoy.



This is my new favorite pot.  It is an enameled dutch oven.  It is very heavy, which is good, because things do not burn easily in it, if you have your temperature set correctly.  It can be used on top of the stove, or in the oven.  It wasn't cheap.  I got it at Bi-Mart for $49.00.  I looked at it for a long, long time, but decided to bite the bullet.  Now I want another one.  A red one.  I use it all the time.  Stuff just turns out better.  And why go to all the trouble of making good stuff if it doesn't turn out?

No comments:

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":