Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What is next, I wonder?


I haven't talked about this very much on here, but nine years ago I moved to Central Oregon from the McKenzie Valley to finish up my degree in Early Childhood Education and Human Services.  OSU Cascades had just opened up, and Nigel and I moved to my Mom's little cabin in La Pine.  Our lives in La Pine had begun.


The decision to be brave and move a couple of hours away from home with a 12-year-old, a big dog and three cats into a 365 square foot cabin changed my life.  For the best.  I worked hard, finished what I started out to do and then met Cary.

From the time I was in high school, I always wanted to be a kindergarten teacher.  I suppose that I still could be.  I would have to go back for one more year to get my masters degree to be able to  teach in a public school.  I just don't have the gumption at this point. Nor do I want to spend the energy, time or money to get that done.


Still, I feel as if I somehow have a lot to offer in that area of my life that I have put on the back shelf.  When I graduated, I spent the next school year teaching at Head Start in Bend.  I loved the kids, the parents and most of my co-workers, but not the rest of it.  I had a hard time working within the grant (translation:  doing things that do not make sense and are a waste of money).

During the year I was there though, I did gather all of my information into two full notebooks on how to create my own dream early childhood education center.  Last year, I created a blog (which is now an outline, but is otherwise inactive) to write my own book on how to set up your own pre-school/childcare center.   It has just been sitting there, I guess, waiting for me to get back to it. 

I have some other small business ideas on how to supplement curriculum and provide materials and classroom equipment.  Maybe this will be the year to get going on all of that?  I don't know.  I always do better with my new beginnings when fall gets here, and it is almost here, so maybe. 

Right now I am just enjoying the rest of the summer with my sweetie and thinking about what comes next, job wise.  Whatever it is, it will require motivation.  I don't mind hard work when I am motivated.  And right now I am really lacking in motivation.  I hope that it hurries up and gets back to me! 

Here is the link to my Comfort and Joy Early Childhood Education blog/outline click here.  It is only a beginning, but see what you think and let me know.  Thanks!


Kathy

No comments:

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":