Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Goodbye Summer!

I really don't have a big story planned here ... I just wanted to acknowledge that this was a short but pleasant summer for me.  It took forever to warm up, and then cooled off quickly. 

We went on many short excursions and day trips; went for 10 days of camping nearby; and had some fun visits with family and friends.  

We didn't get a garden in, but we did add the birdbaths and bird feeders.  That has certainly increased the wildlife in our front yard.  This week I bought wild bird sunflower seeds, and that sure did make a difference in the number and variety of the birds around here.  We have lots of doves now, along with little brown birds and chickadees.  I have added carrots and apples for the deer, squirrels and chipmunks.  They seem to enjoy that.


School began for the Oregon kids today.  I am glad that fall is here.  Cary and I have some neat things planned to do, and I feel like getting back into crafting and art.


I hope that everybody else had a great summer.  I wish you lots of love and happiness for the rest of the year.


Kathy

5 comments:

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Summer is gasping its last, isn't it...I do love autumn, though!

Your wildlife is, no doubt, appreciative that you spent your time on their habitat rather than your garden. There may be some bunnies out there, though, who wish you had planted some lettuce and carrots!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Lisa,

That's funny! I'm sure that you are right. I was thinking that it would have been cheaper to get the garden all ready than it has been to feed all this wildlife though.

Bunnies would be neat. Maybe next year.

Elizabeth said...

Wow, you surely had some fun out there. I am enjoying your posts so keep them coming :)

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Elizabeth! Thanks for your comment, I appreciate it so much.

You are right, we do have fun. Lots to do and it is very pretty where we live.

Rossane said...

The best time for my kids is summer. Why? It is simply because they get to do a lot of trips from different places. Like you, this summer they had so much fun. I bet they have pretty much to share in their classroom.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":