Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

One Particular Salesman:

Hey, have you guys seen this movie?  It is kind of old, but it is one that my best friend husband and I enjoy watching over and over again.  It is one of our comfort movies.  If you don't own a copy, the next time you are in Walmart going through the movies and it is in the $3.99 pile, buy a couple of copies.  Trust me on this one:



In Second Hand Lions, there is this one quote near the end, when they pan to a big yacht in a small pond, and Walter shakes his head and says,  "Well, there was this one particular salesman...."

We have one of those, a one particular salesman (and friend) who comes to our work.  He sells all sorts of septic supplies to us.  His name is Lewis.  Lewis invited us out to lunch today.  In Mayberry.  At Gordy's.



Somebody made him some pretty fancy onions for his salad.



Today, Lewis brought Felice with him.  She is in sales too.  She sells a drainfield chambers for standard septic systems.  Felice was actually the one who paid for our lunch.  Thank you, Felice!  We really like you too.  Thanks for introducing us, Lewis.

Just wanted to give them both a shout out and big thank you. You two are great, and we had fun visiting with you.



2 comments:

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

New friends are a plus to any day. Love the onions...how'd they do that?

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

For sure! We don't know how they did the onions like that. Felice said, "I think you have a friend in the kitchen, Lewis!"

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":