Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

This and That Thursday:

Hey, Peeps!

First, I would like to welcome Oregon Gifts newest follower, Liz of  Rose Vignettes.  Thank you, Liz, I appreciate you!  When you have a chance, please head on over and check out her work. 



=============================


Second, I have been getting a lot of spam comments lately, so I decided to add word verification.  Sorry about that.   It is just one extra step.


=============================
Our grandson Tyler was featured on Scout.com!
 

"Prep football in the state of Kansas has churned out a number of nationally-ranked quarterbacks in recent years, and McPherson (KS) High School product Tyler Matthews looks to continue that trend for the Class of 2012."




=============================


We are blessed to have our grandson Casey here.  He is such a good kid.  He is going on a snow play date over at Tatum's while we attend Wes' memorial service.  Here is a copy of Wes' obituary from the Bend Bulletin:


Wesley M. Powell

July 20, 1949 - Dec. 16, 2010

Wesley M. Powell of La Pine, passed away Thursday, Dec. 16, 2010. He was 61.

A memorial service will be held at 10:00 a.m., Dec. 30, at the Cascade Bible Church in La Pine. A wake will follow at the Moose Lodge from 3 to 7 p.m.

Wes Powell was born July 20, 1949, in Weed, CA. He was raised in Prospect, OR, and graduated high school in Eagle Point, OR. Wes married his wife, Nicole (Niki) Powell on May 18, 2001. He was a master carpenter and craftsman. He enjoyed the great outdoors and loved to fish and hunt. He studied the scriptures and his faith in God was extremely strong.

Shall we always remember him for the love and support he gave to others.

Survivors include his wife, Nicole (Niki) Powell of La Pine; mother, Marie Ogletree of Oregon City; son, James of Portland; daughter, Stacie of Commack, NY; brother, Albert of Phoenix, AZ; sister Phyllis of Oregon City; sister, Kay of Medford; five grandchildren and one great- granddaughter.

Wes has gone home to our Lord!

Memorial contributions may be made to Cascade Bible Church, 52410 Pine Dr., La Pine, OR 97739. Baird Memorial Chapel of La Pine is in charge of arrangements.   

Please keep Niki and their family in 
your thoughts and prayers today.


=============================


Kristin, Mom and Kari showing off the new p.j.'s we got them for Christmas:



My daughter Kari is driving through the snow to see us today, and I am looking forward to seeing her too.  Plus, I think she is bringing us some more Christmas presents.  I can't wait!

UPDATE:  Last night was so fun.  Six people, five dogs and roast beef for dinner.  We all had a fun visit with April; and Tatum stayed the night with Casey and the rest of us.


=============================


The snow has settled down, and now it is just plain FREEZING.  It is 13* outside as I write this.  Well, that is about it for now.  I just wanted to check in and say hi, before I go to the service and get sad.  Have a wonderful winter day. 


~ Kathy

No comments:

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":