Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Taking a Break from the Christmas Decorations ....

Okay.  Consider this post a thank you to those of you who read my blog almost every day and who are getting a bit tired of all the Christmas decorations and fancy dishes due to my new "Linky Party" addiction.  Here is a bit of humor for you from my friend Katie in Vida, Oregon:



Just in case you were not already feeling too old today ...   

Nothing against you youngsters, but this is food for thought:  the people who are starting college this fall were born in 1992.  They are too young to remember the space shuttle blowing up.  Their lifetime has always included AIDS.  The CD was introduced two years before they were born.  They have always had an answering machine.  They have always had cable.  Jay Leno has always been on the Tonight Show.  Popcorn has always been microwaved.  They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.  They don't know who Mork was, or where he was from.  They never heard: 'Where's the Beef?', 'I'd walk a mile for a Camel ' or 'de plane Boss, de plane!' McDonald's never came in styrofoam containers.  They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter (but, hey, the keyboard is still the same!)  God bless you youngsters and God bless you oldsters.  Like me. 



Live, Love and Laugh:  
Life is too short for anything else!!

3 comments:

Gloria said...

I DO feel old, but I am glad that I remember "the old days!" LOL!
Best,
Gloria

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Gloria,

I remember the old days just fine, but it is the current stuff that slips my mind. That's what my to do list is for, I suppose.

Kathy

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Thanks for the laugh! I know I'm an old bagger and I don't mind it so much. Probably because I feel like a kid half the time, and as long as I don't look in the mirror I can indulge the fantasy. LOL

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":