Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

This and That Wedensday:

I want to let you guys effected by Irene that I am praying for you.  I am concerned about Gloria and her son (it looks as if there was tons of wind damage where she lives).  Also, my son's extended family lives in Vermont and upstate New York ... and those floods are horrific.  I'm grateful that more people didn't die in that huge storm, but feel bad for those who did, and for their families.   This is going to be another huge clean-up effort, isn't it?  I certainly hope that the new storm just fizzles out and gives peeps a break.

The wildfires around here are super bad, especially over at Warm Springs.  There are a couple of huge fires in the same general area that have burned over 132,000 acres and are keeping the highways closed. 1500 firefighters are working very hard to get a handle on them.

Here are a few things that we have been up to the past couple of days.  Our friends Pam and Gary moved to California, and we stopped by to say goodbye to them on Sunday at their going away party.  We'll miss you two!

  Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

On Monday, John and Shanna (my stepdaughter) and the boys stopped by on their way home and took us out to pizza and then came to our house for a great visit.  Yesterday, they came to work to say goodbye.   It was wonderful to see them:

  Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
Shanna and Cary

  Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
Collin, Chase and Johnny

  Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
The background was great, but there were too many 
shadows to see everybody's faces well.  Dang.

  Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
Poor Johhny was trying to not block me, 
but his legs were getting tired.

  Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews
And there was bit of an issue with his arms on this one.  Not a bit wrong with that handsome face though, Johnny.

  Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews

We had a frost warning for last night.  I put the hanging baskets under the lawn chairs and the table, and covered them up with beach towels to keep them warm.  This is the second time this summer that I have pulled this trick, but the first time was when heavy hail was predicted.  It was 36* when I woke up, and I hope this helped the flowers, who will be gone soon enough. We are really enjoying them, so I want them to last as long as possible.

  Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


 Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy ~ Kathy Matthews


We had some volunteer pansies this year, by the table.  At the end of the season, I think I'll try to plant all these flowers by the pansies and see what happens.  Maybe next spring some will grow back?  It won't hurt to try.  

Well, that is the news for now, except that I have been cooking a lot and dealing with all of those onions.  I have barely made a dent in that onion basket!  Lots of dehydrating and making of onion rings are going down in this grandma's kitchen.  

Have a wonderful Wednesday my friends! 

Kathy M.


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

5 comments:

BECKY said...

Great looking family! And beautiful furniture, etc. I'd love to visit someday! :)

2sweetnsaxy said...

Thanks for sharing. Wanted to let you know too that I really enjoyed your slide show. I would love to visit some place like that. I'll be you got a real feel for the old west.

Carol Kilgore said...

Great photos. My goodness - frost and 36. Come to San Antonio - we've broken many heat records this summer. The other day was 111. In the 70s at night - maybe warmer than your days.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Grammy Goodwill said...

What a good trick with the flowers. But I can't imagine 36 degrees. I've been happy with 71 in the mornings.

Arkansas Patti said...

Such a handsome family. From all the smiles, the visit looks like it was a success.
Oh my, frost warnings?? That made my heart beat faster. Can't wait. I never throw away any blankets or sheets, they make great cover ups. Sometimes in the late fall my place looks like a homeless camp.

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":