Showing you Oregon,one post at a time. Did you know that I post the links of many of my stories and articles on the sidebar? When you have extra time, please scroll down to see more. At the bottom of this page there are links to many other blogs that I enjoy.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

Hello, friends, thank you so much for stopping by. I really hope that you will enjoy your visit to Oregon Gifts. Due to spam, I am not accepting comments from anonymous people. Please email me at: oregongiftsofcomfortandjoy@hotmail.com if you are unable to leave a comment on here. I write back through email when I can.

My words and photographs are copyrighted, and may not be used without permission, even on Pinterest.

~ Kathy M.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Go RAYS!!!

Source:  Ray's Facebook Page

Source:  Tampa Bay Rays Facebook Page

What a night last night was for baseball.  They are calling it historic.  To make it short and sweet, from what I understand, the New York Yankees and the Detroit Tigers were in the play-offs for sure.  If the Boston Red Sox won the game over the Balitmore Orioles and the Tampa Bay Rays won over the Yankees, then the Red Sox and the Rays would play one game to see which one of those teams would go into the playoffs. 

It was a tight game between the Red Sox and the Orioles, and that was the game that we were able to watch on t.v.   To make matters worse, there was a long rain delay.  The score was 3 to 2 for a long time, and Boston lost the game with two outs at the bottom of the 9th inning.  So, Boston will not be going into the playoffs.  

The Yankees were ahead by 7 to 0 over the Rays for the whole game.  At the end of the game, by some miracle, the Rays caught up and then won!  Good job Rays.  I wish that I was able to see that whole thing.  Some people, even NYY fans are saying that the Yankees threw the game and allowed the Rays to win so that they wouldn't have to face Boston.  Well, if that was the case, which I highly doubt, it was all for nothing anyway, since Boston lost.

Who would have gone to the playoffs if the Rays and Boston both lost?  I don't know; I haven't looked it up.  But now, those who are in the American League playing in the 2011 playoffs are the New York Yankees, the Tampa Bay Rays, the Texas Rangers and the Detroit Tigers. 

Below is link to an article that tells you everything, including the status of the National League peeps.  I'm not a sports reporter, but last night was a big deal and lots of fun.  Plus, I love Johnny Damon, who has a HUGE heart and has played for Boston, NYY, the Tigers and now for the Rays.  You rock, Johnny!  And, Evan Longoria was last night's hero.  There are so many quality guys on this team.  Gotta love 'em.  Maybe after they win the World Series, they will get a new stadium.




Source:  "Nate"


At Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy, if you miss a day, you miss a lot!  All material on this post is copyrighted and not for use without my permission ...Please click here to go to my home page and see what is happening in Mayberry today.
 Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

6 comments:

BECKY said...

Uh....Kathy...Hello?! How about those St. Louis Cardinals??!!
I love a gal who loves sports! :)

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hey, Becky, I only know the American League peeps for the most part, wo I left the rest to the article ... yeah for St. Louis!

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my gosh....don'tcha just love this game!! What an incredible week for the last of the regular season!!!!! And yesterday I had withdrawal symptoms. No games to watch. rofl.


Crescent City Connection

Kim, USA said...

Oh oh I hope our Detroit Tigers is going to be a winner in the play offs ^_^

Arkansas Patti said...

I usually pull for the underdog when my team fails to make post season.
So I'll pull for the Rays for the American league but haven't decided on the National League yet. All I know for sure is that I will be rooting AGAINST the Phillies. They are our division rivals.

Gloria said...

I'm not that into baseball, but I did hear about this game! I am only glad that the Yankees are still going strong... being a born and bred NY'er, I have to root for them! ;)
Best,
Gloria

No Copying!


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Check

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.

I LOVE THE STATE OF OREGON.
Links to My Oregon Blog Posts (Except for Central Oregon):

"Oregon Bloggers"

"Sepia Saturday, Postcard and Stamp Blogs"

"Writing and Poetry Blogs":